- Posted: over a month ago
We're Apogee. Nice to meet you. At our core, we're an IT-services organization that happens to focus on higher education. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, game-playing, finals-taking, seminar-attending, class-selecting students by providing IT infrastructure that meets today's needs technology-savvy generation.
We work hard, celebrate success, and challenge everyone in our organization to be a problem solver. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and education, join us today.
We're looking to hire a NOC Engineer to help expand our Network Services team. Apogee believes in promoting from within and others in this role have moved into senior-level network engineering positions in the department.
Apogee is based in Austin, TX, and with this role you can work from home anywhere in the continental US.
Here's the job:
- Troubleshoot and resolve simple to complex network outages (layers 1-3) and service interruptions
- Use established policies and procedures to provide timely and accurate ticket updates
- Use network monitoring tools and ticket tracking systems to help diagnose, record, and resolve network issues
- Utilize basic LAN configurations (Routers / Firewalls) and Microsoft operation systems
- Provide end-to-end network documentation
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other NOC engineers
- Liaison between engineering group and client staff – both technical and non-technical personnel
- Work in a group/team setting
You'll love this job if this describes you:
- Problem Solving. You aren't satisfied until you've completely solved a problem, and you take time to get it right, look beyond the obvious, and deliver correct and honest assessments and answers.
- Self Development. You are personally and professionally committed to continuous improvement. You take a whole approach to learning: books and academics, experience at work, and learning from your peers.
- Technical Aptitude. Some projects we take on have subtle differences, and others present obstacles we haven't faced yet. You can apply your baseline knowledge and natural technical aptitude to help you with easy tasks and challenging issues.
- #ONE_TEAM. There's a lot of room for individual success, but it all starts at the core, a strong team. You demonstrate open, positive communication, listen to others, and encourage group troubleshooting.
- High-Quality Standards. This is a high-impact, highly visible position. You have internal and external clients depending on the quality of work you deliver (never mind the financial impact of low quality). You care about your work and your customers.
- Understanding of the NOC's escalation, incident management, and change management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of large enterprise and campus LANs, Wi-Fi/WLANs
- TCP/IP, IP addressing, telnet, SSH experience
- Experienced supporting a BGP environment and other routing protocols (Static, EIGRP, and OSPF)
- Experienced supporting Radius, DHCP, and DNS servers
- Experienced with Large Scale NAT or Carrier Grade NAT appliances and Load Balancers
- Strong customer-facing skills and business etiquette
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain fast-paced milestones and deliverables
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, IT, or commensurate experience
- CCNA Certification or better
- A Wireless Certification (CWNA/CWNP, Cisco, or Aruba)
The pay range for this job ranges from $65,000 to $105,000 year depending on knowledge, skills and experience. Apogee evaluates a candidates technical alignment and determines compensation based on fit.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better so here is what we are offering:
- An attractive salary
- Health insurance plan including Health Savings Account matching program
- Monthly technology stipend
- Engineering and Technical teams receive cash bonuses for obtaining certifications
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Peer recognition program
- Career development programs
At Apogee, we believe education is a doorway to a fair and just society. Within our own walls, we stand committed to creating a healthy culture of diversity and inclusion, empowering one another as advocates for an inclusive workplace, and doing so transparently. Apogee employees founded three employee-led groups in 2020 including Diversity and Inclusion, Civic Awareness, and Apogee Veterans.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Human Resources, email@example.com.
TechnologyView all jobs at Apogee
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?