Part-Time Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Apogee Solutions Biloxi, MS
- Expired: 24 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Apogee Solutions, a Woman-Owned Small Business, is seeking a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (RCs) to support the United States Department of Labor (DOL) in or around Biloxi, MS. Qualified candidates must be a US Citizen.
These services will support the DOL Office of Workers’ Compensation (OWCP) and the Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation (DFEC). RCs will be expected to travel as needed within their assigned region.
The RCs will:
- Provide vocational counseling and guidance to individuals disabled under Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA).
- Provide vocational assessments including, but not limited to, vocational testing, work evaluations, and situational assessments.
- Coordinate and schedule functional capacity evaluations, work hardening and similar inpatient/outpatient programs, and facilitating treatment for substance abuse.
- Conduct appropriate job analyses and transferrable skills analysis as requested based on the needs of the assigned case.
- Assist with vocational exploration and labor market surveys.
- Develop plans for job seeking skills training, direct job placement, identification of qualification for any special Federal hiring authorities, and/or on-the-job or formal training.
- Facilitate and supervise job readiness development and job placement services.
- Provide specialized job, vehicle and home modification services, and life care planning services in catastrophic cases.
- Effectively and promptly communicate all case milestones and activities that require action including, but not limited to return to work, work stoppage, and recurrence of symptoms, unrelated medical issues, and instances of non-cooperation.
- Master’s Degree in Vocational Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field
- Active, unrestricted Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- A minimum of 2 years of vocational rehabilitation counseling/placement experience
- Knowledge of OWCP FECA laws, regulations, and program, highly preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Required IT Access:
All applicants must have regular access to a computer with the following:
- Hard-drive disk with 30GB of storage available
- Monitor with a display of 1280x1024 or higher
- Internet connection wired 1.5 Mbps (up) / 1.2 Mbps (down) or faster
- TWAIN-compatible scanner with ability to scan multi-page documents (up to 6 pages)
- Windows Operating System 7 or later
- Adobe Reader 9.0 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 10
- Current anti-virus software or anti-virus subscription that updates automatically
We offer our employees a competitive compensation, vacation and benefits package, as well as a fast-paced and exciting work environment with nationwide opportunities.
Apogee Solutions is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Apogee Solutions provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.
Apogee Solutions proudly supports a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions. Employees can flourish here: they know their individual skills, abilities and viewpoints are honored. Our diverse business is united by a common goal of being the best in the business, delivering value, and being a good corporate citizen in each of the communities where we do business.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Apogee Solutions