Part Time Field Registered Nurse
Apogee Solutions, a Woman-Owned Small Business, is seeking a Field Nurse (FN), RN Case Manager to support the United States Department of Labor (DOL) Nurse and Vocational Rehabilitation Services (NVRS) contract in the Northern Virginia area. Qualified candidates must be a US Citizen with the ability to pass a background investigation and credit check.
These services will support the DOL Office of Workers’ Compensation (OWCP) and the Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation (DFEC) Nurse Intervention Program (NIP). The primary focus of the NIP is the Early Disability Management phase of case management, when nurse interventions are concentrated on expediting medical management (facilitating medical care to promote recovery from the work injury) and return to work (RTW) efforts. FNs are expected to travel as needed within their assigned region.
The Field Nurse, RN will:
- Assist in the medical management of disability claims.
- Provide injured workers with timely assistance in coordinating medical care and returning to work.
- Maintain contact with the injured worker not less than 2 times per month, or more frequently as case activities or medical status warrant. Contacts with the IW are expected to be a combination of face-to-face and telephonic encounters. Face– to–face encounters may include, but are not limited to, attending key medical appointments with the injured worker.
- Outline, document, and report the outcome(s) of interventions performed and evaluate the injured worker’s progress toward medical recovery and return to work (RTW).
- Assess the injured worker’s current medical status and active treatment plan to ensure appropriate measures are in place to facilitate recovery and return to work.
- Work with medical providers to obtain treatment plans and coordinate recommended and approved medical care.
- Collaborate with employer(s) to identify light duty work accommodations and/or barriers to the return to work efforts.
- Coordinate the transition of the injured worker’s return to work via participation in on-site employer visits and follow up monitoring.
- Maintain regular contact regarding assigned referrals with Claims Examiners, DOL OWCP Staff, Employing Agencies, Medical Providers, and other stakeholders as required by the DOL Field Nurse Handbook.
- Work in coordination with Rehabilitation Counselors as necessary.
- Provide Field Nurse Case Management services in adherence to OWCP standards and the OWCP FN Handbook
- Submit not fewer than monthly reports containing a detailed and accurate accounting of activities performed and services provided, by minute, according to OWCP regulations and company policy.
- Generate and submit required reports, forms, and memos in accordance with all Department of Labor Office of Workers Compensation due dates and guidelines.
- US Citizen with the ability to pass a background investigation and credit check with favorable results to include federal, county, and state criminal searches; motor vehicle driving record review; education and employment verification; and professional licensing verification
- Associate degree in Nursing required; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- An active, unrestricted state nursing license to practice within the United States in the state in which services are being performed
- A minimum of one (1) year adult medical/surgical nursing experience and three (3) years case management experience in the workers’ compensation arena
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records
- Specialized certification in one of the following areas: Occupational Health (COHN), Case Management (CCM), Insurance Rehabilitation (CIRS/CCRN), Disability Management (CDMS) and/or Nurse Case Manager Board Certified (ANCC/ANA) certification, highly preferred
- Recent experience with the DFEC nurse intervention program, highly preferred
Required IT Access:
All applicants must have regular access to a computer with the following:
- Hard-drive disk with 30GB of storage available
- Monitor with a display of 1280x1024 or higher
- Internet connection wired 1.5 Mbps (up) / 1.2 Mbps (down) or faster
- TWAIN-compatible scanner with ability to scan multi-page documents (up to 6 pages)
- Windows Operating System 7 or later
- Adobe Reader 9.0 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 10
- Current anti-virus software or anti-virus subscription that updates automatically
Apogee SolutionsWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.