Kubernetes Platform DevOps Engineer
Apogee Integration LLC
- Posted: over a month ago
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI required
- As a platform DevOps engineer, you know how to build, manage, and secure a container platform that meets your clients’ needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities. What if you could use your cloud platform skills to improve National Security? We need you to help us develop and manage container management software to solve some of our toughest challenges.
- On our team as a Platform DevOps Engineer, you’ll use the latest cloud technologies as you look for ways to improve your clients’ environments with current container software to ensure seamless orchestration. Using your technical knowledge, you’ll work directly with your clients to inform strategy and design, while ensuring standards are met throughout the containerization process with Kubernetes, Docker, and Rancher. You’ll recommend tools to help your clients manage and securely adopt containers. Additionally, you’ll broaden your skills in areas like Containerization, Orchestration, and Microservices while developing critical cloud platforms for clients.
- 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure, DevOps, or application development role
- 3+ years of experience with container tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, or Rancher
- 3+ years of experience with deploying Kubernetes within a platform or cloud offerings, including GCP, AWS, or Azure
- 2+ years of experience with automation tools, including SaltStack, Ansible, or Puppet
- 2+ years of experience with Helm
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code environments, including activities around the automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, or monitoring and testing, such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of container networking, monitoring, and storage solutions
- Knowledge of container security technologies, including Twistlock, Falco, or Clair
Nice if You Have
- Experience developing in Java, Python, or Go
- Experience with design, deployment, and management of Cloud environments, including AWS or Azure
- Experience with using or migrating continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipeline solutions or tools, including Jenkins, Git, or TeamCit
- Experience with system integration using a variety of protocols, including JSON, REST, and XML
- Experience with scripting in Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- Experience with leveraging JSON, YAML, or XML for configuration
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization-based technologies, including Docker, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or VMware
- Knowledge of Linux or UNIX administration and automation
- Knowledge of foundational system administration principles
- Knowledge of classified environment processes and protocols
What You'll Love About Apogee
- Challenging work in support of US Intel Community - a Mission that Matters!
- Access to our cool ApogeePlex facility.
- Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
- Professional Development Assistance (PDA)
- Wicked smart and collaborative coworkers
- Regular interfacing with company leadership
- 401(k) with huge company match
- Paid Time Off / Floating Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Disability (Short and Long Term)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Health Savings Accounts / Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Be the PROVIDER of choice for government & commercial organizations with an unwavering commitment to responsiveness, accuracy, integrity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Be the EMPLOYER of choice committed to an open & transparent corporate atmosphere and progressive culture that attracts and empowers world class professionals to explore cutting-edge technical solutions while fostering professional growth.
- Be the preferred SOURCE for cutting-edge Analytic Products, Systems & Software Engineering, Big Data Integration, IT and Business Services that directly contribute to customer success
Apogee is an M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Apogee Integration LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?