Data Modeler (All Levels)
- Posted: over a month ago
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with ability to obtain a CI Polygraph required
The National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) is the combination of technology, policies, capabilities, doctrine, activities, people, data, and communities necessary to produce geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) in an integrated multi-intelligence, multi-domain environment.
Apogee's ideal Data Modelers work with data architects and metadata managers to model enterprise data, translating agency needs into long-term physical models and database designs in order to empower production systems.
What You'll Do
- Identify and describe relationships between data fields and how they are maintained in enterprise databases
- Responsible for progressing and maintaining official description of enterprise datasets
- Organize the integration of data and migration activities to enhance operating efficiency
- Performs gap analysis of legacy application data structures and enterprise data warehouse
- Performs analysis on enterprise data holdings to reduce redundancy of data within existing systems or improve the way to conflate datasets from one system to another
- Analyze ETL processing to identify risk factors and make necessary recommendations to ensure data integrity in the data warehouse
- Apply naming standards, and metadata standards, checks models in and out of Model Repository, and documents data model translation decisions
- Participates in team discussions with other data modelers and data SMEs across the enterprise
- Create new ontologies to improve problem solving within that domain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or specialized experience in a scientific or technical discipline, or equivalent experience as Data Modeler.
- Demonstrated experience with ontology that encompasses a representation, formal naming and definition of the categories, properties and relations between the concepts, data and entities that substantiate one, many, or all domains of discourse
- Experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models
- TS/SCI with ability to obtain a CI Polygraph.
- Experience with Collibra, Informatica or related data governance tools
- GEOINT domain experience, in particular GEOINT TCPED cycle
- Working experience with GEOINT TCPED metadata
- Experience working with dimensionally modeled data
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schema.
What You'll Love About Apogee
- Challenging work in support of US Intel Community - a Mission that Matters!
- Access to our cool ApogeePlex facility
- Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
- Professional Development Assistance (PDA)
- Wicked smart and collaborative coworkers
- Regular interfacing with company leadership
- 401(k) with huge company match
- Paid Time Off / Fixed & Floating Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts / Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, Disability (Short and Long Term), Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D).
- Be the PROVIDER of choice for government & commercial organizations with an unwavering commitment to responsiveness, accuracy, integrity, collaboration, and innovation
- Be the EMPLOYER of choice committed to an open & transparent corporate atmosphere and progressive culture that attracts and empowers world class professionals to explore cutting-edge technical solutions while fostering professional growth
- Be the preferred SOURCE for cutting-edge Analytic Products, Systems & Software Engineering, Big Data Integration, IT and Business Services that directly contribute to customer success.
Apogee is an M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Apogee Integration LLC
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?