Data Architect (Mid to Senior)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with ability to take CI Polygraph required
The National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) is the combination of technology, policies, capabilities, doctrine, activities, people, data, and communities necessary to produce geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) in an integrated multi-intelligence, multi-domain environment.
Apogee's ideal Mid to Senior Level Data Architect defines, prototypes and evolves the recommended data architecture for NGA Chief Data Officer (CDO) Data Services. Provides a framework to determine how to grow new data assets and evaluate existing data assets. Provides data architecture services and perform data architecture reviews, ensuring the compliance of metadata standards. Assist the CDO/DCDO with the data governance steering committee. Engages data practitioners across mission sets to align data consumption needs to overall Enterprise Architecture.
What You'll Do
- Define structure, integrate, govern, describe and model data in the NGA enterprise
- Design and implement effective data architecture and data management practices to support NGA enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load environments
- Participates in team discussions regarding data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of NGA Data Lakes and Warehouses
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with CDO/DCDO objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving underachieving areas and present these plans to CDO & DCDO
- Participates in NGA/IC driven Data Standards committees
- Support database administrators, network designers and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
- Document data inventory and data flow diagrams to determine what can be measured and consumed, when and how
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field, or equivalent Senior level work experience as a Data Architect.
- Demonstrated Experience in Data management, Data modeling and/or Data Ontologies
- 3+ Years of experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience in structured, semi-structured and structured datasets
- Experience of MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) platforms
- Experience employing Extract Transform Load (ETL) techniques to blend data from multiple sources
- Experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing
- Experience in GEOINT domains and datasets
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Python, Scala, SQL scripting
What You'll Love About Apogee
- Challenging work in support of US Intel Community - a Mission that Matters!
- Access to our cool ApogeePlex facility
- Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
- Professional Development Assistance (PDA)
- Wicked smart and collaborative coworkers
- Regular interfacing with company leadership
- 401(k) with huge company match
- Paid Time Off / Fixed & Floating Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts / Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, Disability (Short and Long Term), Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Be the PROVIDER of choice for government & commercial organizations with an unwavering commitment to responsiveness, accuracy, integrity, collaboration, and innovation
- Be the EMPLOYER of choice committed to an open & transparent corporate atmosphere and progressive culture that attracts and empowers world class professionals to explore cutting-edge technical solutions while fostering professional growth
- Be the preferred SOURCE for cutting-edge Analytic Products, Systems & Software Engineering, Big Data Integration, IT and Business Services that directly contribute to customer succes
Apogee Integration is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Apogee Integration LLCSpringfield, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.