Jr. System Engineer (MO SETA)
- Posted: over a month ago
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph required
Covid-19 Vaccination: Being fully vaccinated is required
- The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching, and maintaining America’s intelligence satellites. Develop. Acquire. Launch. Operate.
- The contract provides SETA (Systems Engineering Technical Advisor) services to the IC customer with a focus on Systems Engineering & Integration, Information Systems and RF Satellite communications. Apart of the customer team focused on all aspects of the systems life cycle including conops development, capturing requirements, working with developers to deliver capability, testing to ensure capabilities meet requirements, transition to operations and operations support. The program is comprised of 70 FTE supporting several locations in the Northern Virginia region
- This position is part of a team of SETA supporting in the mission operations (MO) group. Also, this opportunity will have various SE assignments related to the integration of additional capabilities into the operational baseline and other activities in support of the customer MO office. In particular this position has responsibilities assisting the government in their management of a O&M contractor performing 24x7 operations for a critical intelligence mission. This includes supporting daily stand-up meetings, supporting problem report investigations or working on anomaly teams to drive out root cause for mission outages, understanding O&M schedules for maintenance and other critical operations
- Apogee's ideal Systems Engineer will be using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle
What You'll Do
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent) with 2 - 5 yrs of relevant experience or a Master's with 0 - 2 yrs of experience. Four years of additional relevant (Space/Satellite communications systems acquisitions) experience can be substituted.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with moderate supervision
- Good time management and communication skills; ability to support multiple projects and multi-task
Strongly Desired Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with Commercial/Government acquisition or operations of satellite/ground segment hardware/software or satellite based special communications field set hardware/software.
- Experience with RF based satellite communications.
- Basic understanding of space-based RF communications methods, hardware/software
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing and processing segment hardware/software systems and waveform development
What You'll Love About Apogee
- Challenging work in support of US Intel Community - a Mission that Matters!
- Access to our cool ApogeePlex facility.
- Support for new ideas & encouragement to take risks
- Professional Development Assistance (PDA)
- Wicked smart and collaborative coworkers
- Regular interfacing with company leadership
- 401(k) with huge company match
- Paid Time Off / Floating Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Disability (Short and Long Term)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Health Savings Accounts / Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Be the PROVIDER of choice for government & commercial organizations with an unwavering commitment to responsiveness, accuracy, integrity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Be the EMPLOYER of choice committed to an open & transparent corporate atmosphere and progressive culture that attracts and empowers world class professionals to explore cutting-edge technical solutions while fostering professional growth.
- Be the preferred SOURCE for cutting-edge Analytic Products, Systems & Software Engineering, Big Data Integration, IT and Business Services that directly contribute to customer success
Apogee is an M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Apogee Integration, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?