Director of Software Engineering
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are:
Apixio augments the ability to decipher and understand patient information. This translates into better care delivery, lower costs, and streamlined processes. We process millions of patients every year and we're growing not only in the number of patients but also the kind of data we analyze. Come help us improve healthcare with technology!
We are changing the way healthcare uses data. Currently, about 80% of healthcare data is underused because it is too messy and unstructured for humans to efficiently analyze. The healthcare industry needed an intelligent technology that could extract insights quickly and accurately. And that is where we came in. Apixio augments the ability to read, decipher, and understand patient information. This ultimately translates into better care delivery, lower costs, and streamlined processes.
Engineering leaders at Apixio have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage and motivate teams of highly technical software engineers.
Our App Platform teams research, design and develop technologies which process millions of patient charts and use the insights generated by our AI engine to drive workflows and provide valuable insights to our customers to improve healthcare and increase revenue.
As the director of engineering for the App Platform team you will be leading multiple teams of highly skilled software engineers and leads, collaborate with our product, science and operations teams to build industry-leading products that are transforming the healthcare industry.
In this role you will have an opportunity to make a difference in people's lives, literally.
What you will do:
- Lead teams of highly technical software engineers
- Gather and prioritize requirements, with the larger team, to define high level architecture and collaborate with senior developers across the team on design. Review and approve the detailed designs
- Drive all aspects of the development including requirements definition, design, implementation, code reviews, unit testing, and integration. Oversee detailed designs, implementation, and test plan reviews to ensure high quality deliverables
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide status, iterative releases, and make design decision throughout the development
- Improve the end-end processing performance and product resiliency
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience in one or more programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, Scala) and the eagerness to learn more
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and collaborate with others in solving them
- Familiarity with unit, integration and feature testing strategies. You need to be an advocate for product quality
- Experience with cutting edge technologies such as Kafka, Redis, Scala, SPARK, Akka, Cassandra and MySQL
- Experience with delivering complex distributed systems that scale
- Experience with scaling machine learning models in production
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Your skills and background may be more translatable to this role than you initially thought. Allow us the opportunity to get to know you. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
What Apixio can offer you:
- Meaningful work to improve the healthcare industry
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits, including medical, dental and vision, FSA
- 401k with company matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Subsidized gym membership
When we return to the office in 2022:
- A hybrid work schedule (3 days in office & 2 days work from home)
- Modern open office in beautiful San Mateo, CA & San Diego, CA
- Catered, free lunches
- Parties, picnics, and wine-downs
- Free parking
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
AddressSan Mateo, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Apixio