Community Interventionist- Lehigh Valley
Apis Management Services Reading, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
COMMUNITY INTERVENTIONIST- Lehigh County, PA
Full-Time Community Interventionist needed to work in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding counties as needed. Position provides in-home counseling services to male and female youth with various emotional, behavioral and sexual issues. Other services provided may include case management, career readiness/job searching, and school assistance as needed. Counselors are currently working both remotely and in-person on case by case basis.
Perks and Benefits:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time employees!
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits available
- 401k, Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Training is available
- And much more!!
· Effective use of verbal and non-verbal communication skills with adolescents/families.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with adolescents/families.
· Strong counseling skills and therapeutic methods to aid youth and families through crisis to stabilization.
· A strong familiarity with various community resources.
· Ability to assess, interpret and effectively document data specifically related to the care of adolescents.
· Therapeutic crisis prevention and intervention; First Aid and CPR; infectious disease control policies and procedures; emergency fire procedures/evacuation; Emergency medical procedures; Child Protective Services Law; Child abuse recognition and staff responsibility.
Education, skills, experience, requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or Human Services required. One year verified experience in counseling with children and families required. Experience with community-based counseling & sex offender therapy preferred. Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Additional Requirements: The candidate must pass a Criminal Record History Clearance, FBI and Child Abuse History Clearance, as well as possess a valid PA Driver's License. The candidate must pass a Physical & Drug Screening & possess the ability to attend and successfully complete all sponsored trainings. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
Who We Are: The Children's Home of Reading is expanding its programs to offer treatment oriented care rather than custodial care. Today our programs allow us to meet the critical behavioral and mental health needs of over 650 children and families every year! The Children's Home of Reading is an affiliate of Apis Services. Visit BuildingKidsLives.org to learn more about our programs and who we serve.
Apis Services and its family of affiliates, provides supporting services to an array of non-profit, public charity organizations including, but not limited to, human services, behavior health, and intellectual development disability agencies. The organizations that we support are expanding rapidly and continue to further their missions by providing person directed, community based services to individuals and their family members living with behavioral health, intellectual and/or development disabilities.
Apis Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply online today! @ https://apismgt.org/
Shared Service offerings include, but are not limited to: Fiscal Reporting, Payroll, Human Resources, Employee Training, Risk Management Reporting and Analysis, and Time and Attendance.
Apis Management ServicesWhy Work Here?
Building your career with paid training & great benefits!
Apis Management Services provide the Shared Service offerings to affiliates allowing these entities to advance their mission and vision. By exploring geographical program expansion and focusing on quality outcome measures to create cost savings that result in reinvestment into the organizations stakeholders through capacity creation and employee compensation betterments. Shared Service offerings include, but are not limited to: Fiscal Reporting, Payroll, Human Resources, Employee Training, Risk Management Reporting and Analysis, and Time and Attendance.