Product Development Chemist in
at APEX Systems
Date Posted: 1/15/2019
Not ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Job #: 929558
Immediate Opening for Entry Level Production Development Chemist Opening in Lowell, MA
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Primary involvement and participation in the technical aspects of product development, support process improvement, and management of the QC lab:
- Carry out independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of research principles in the origination or modification involving the design of tape products, raw materials, and/or components.
- Coordinate with production and organize trial run activities and related paperwork.
- Document, organize, analyze and report information on all activities on a regular basis.
- Hire, train, organize and manage the appropriate quality control personnel necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Over-see activities in QC Lab focusing on efficiency and accuracy.
- Support in the specification and selection of new test equipment as necessary to test and/or evaluate the performance of products.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist Product Development Engineer in product development and all related activities from lab to production
- Perform and/or coordinate bench testing and analysis utilizing existing lab equipment.
- Perform and/or coordinate lab prototypes (drawdowns).
- Maintain R&D Database in Access.
- Prepare trial folders, coordinate trial activities through all areas of the plant, evaluate results and report.
- Assist/Support Process Engineering with creating of Coating and/or Converting specifications.
- Research, identify, qualify and approve materials to achieve goals of core product improvements and product development
- Update project information as needed to satisfy Design Control element of ISO system.
- Write/Maintain lab tests and procedures (LT & PST).
- Coordinate updating of LT's & PST's.
- Maintain QC lab specs in Access (Finished Product Specifications).
- Maintain QCDATA in Access.
- Manage lab personnel/activities as needed.
- Shall follow all safety and environmental rules, requirements and procedures as established in the facility
- Trained for Internal Auditing, voluntary status
For immediate Consideration please send an email to 'email@example.com' with your most up to date resume and the subject line 'Production Development Chemist'
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178