Apex Systems is looking for a Programmer to join one of our teams in Arlington, VA! This is a remote opportunity with an occasional trip on-site. If you are interested in the position below please send an updated resume along with a good time to contact you to email@example.com.
Location: Arlington, VA
Candidates must be able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
Overview: We are looking for a developer to build software using languages and technologies of the framework. You will create applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. In addition, you will be expected to develop within an existing off-the-shelf .Net CMS and a custom .Net MVC application. In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are also passionate about the .NET framework and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
- Bachelor’s degree required in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or other comparable related business or technical discipline is required
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- .Net MVC, WebServices and CORE. WebForms nice too
- NoSQL DB experience a plu
- Git/BitBucket. SVN or another type of source control
- .Net based CMS experience a plus
- SOAP/REST, etc
- Work with clients to address outstanding issues and find solutions to site problems
- Attention to detail is necessary
- At least 3+ years of experience in the field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- .NET is not a required skill but, highly desired
- DoD experience is preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.