- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- CPA or similar certifications preferred
- Minimum of 2 years Manufacturing Plant Finance / Controller experience required.
- Strong background in Accounting, FP&A and Audit.
- Strong analytical acumen with experience working within an ERP system. Desire to work in both the tactical and strategic components of managing plant finance.
- This role (is responsible for the organization, direction ,and controls of all aspects of the plant and/or divisional accounting and financial functions which includes timely and accurate reporting to company in full compliance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Leads analysis of financial information to support effective business decisions.
- Develops and interprets financial information.
- Supports the Business Unit by providing training on systems and financial processes ensuring that a high standard of controllership is maintained across all plants.
- Interpret results and make recommendations to the Plant, Sales, and Business Unit Leadership Team, along with an emphasis on change leadership.
- Supervise, review and interpret month/quarter/year end financial reports as well as month-end close processes to support the plant and corporate
- Support the annual budget, month and quarterly forecasts, and financial comparisons and explanations of actual results versus the financial estimates
- Prepare and analyze material usage, cost statements, profit and loss statements, manufacturing statistics, labor analysis, and sales analysis
- Balance sheet analysis for key accounts, including inventory and preparation or approval for account reconciliations
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial results to identify trends and activities driving those results and make recommendations on potential changes, both operation and financial in nature, to improve performance
- Provide a business partnering service to the BU by improving financial processes and support the implementation of best practice across all the sites
- Provide the necessary financial reporting to the Business Unit and Group as and when required
- Anchor person for the reporting work of the plant and plays a key role in identifying performance issues in support of the management process
- Support in integrating new company acquisitions into the BU
- Systems expert for HFM, SAP, PRMS (ERP) ensuring month end rollover is completed and accurate and all necessary central adjustments are made in each of the financial systems
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, accounting policies, and SOX
- Oversight of financial processes to ensure conformance with US GAAP and company policies
- Ability to influence plant leadership and drive performance
- Lead SAP Implementations (if applicable).
- Act as a safety leader and put safety first in all responsibilities, promoting an environment where each employee makes safety their first priority.
Apex Search Group