Automation Engineer - Manufacturing
Apex Search Group Crystal Lake, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
• Prioritize and complete process engineering projects by the critical deadlines to ensure annually planned and strategic goals are met.
• Conceive, develop, and carry out projects that will automate, improve quality, reduce operating costs, increase yield and reduce downtime.
• Design new high speed equipment and machinery as conceived to support the in-house needs of both production and process engineering.
• Conceptualize, source, evaluate, qualify, test, and install purchased equipment.
• Modify and/or integrate existing equipment in order to improve processes in a manner consistent with the business needs.
• Responsible for introducing innovative new assembly technologies into the manufacturing process.
• Provide technical direction and training to the technician staff.
• Ability to identify, design and implement new technologies
• Supports manufacturing on all shifts by being available to troubleshoot the technically more challenging emergencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Bachelors in other Engineering Discipline may be acceptable.
• 5-15 years manufacturing engineering experience, preferably with high speed assembly
• Must have pertinent and sufficient automation manufacturing experience.
• PLC Programming experience required; including S5 and S7 logic
• Experience with robotics a plus
• Tool Room and machine building capabilities
• 3D CAD proficient
• Demonstrated problem resolution skills in manufacturing environments
• Knowledge of FMEA, DOE, and Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma tools, a plus
• Strong project management skills with experience leading a technical task force
• Accomplished at need analysis, addressing issues and meeting deadlines
• History of maintaining skills via training opportunities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Above average communication skills, both orally and to produce quality written reports
• Punctual and disciplined, so as to be a strong role model
• Urgent along with being rational
• A good listener, open to new ideas and innovation from all around
• Comfortable working in a team as well as with minimal immediate supervision
• Motivated to prove themselves in order to be promoted
Apex Search Group
AddressCrystal Lake, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Apex Search Group