Maintenance Purchasing Coordinator
Eden Prairie, MN
Apex International is a fast-paced, dynamic, high quality contract manufacturer of personal and homecare products with an extensive range of capabilities in OTC, cosmetic, and natural products. The successful Maintenance Purchasing Coordinator candidate will contribute to help our customers grow and save money by placing orders for parts “just in time” at the specified cost and quality in a LEAN manner.
· Procures “just in time” materials and products for maintenance at specified quality, in the quantity needed, at the lowest possible price using LEAN business practices.
· Ensure that the timing and flow of material and components through the stock room is synchronized with Apex financial and business requirements.
· Manage and Maintains Calibration for Production/Compounding/ Quality and CMMS so that it is accurate and up to date at all times.
· Understand and maintain a culture of “lean action” within the department so that we live lean better than any organization.
· Perform other work as assigned.
· This position requires 3- 5 years in stock room inventory management or purchasing position in a manufacturing environment. Other business-related experience may be considered in place of the purchasing experience.
· The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Proficient utilization of PC, CMMS and related software (Word, Excel, Access, Database Management, etc.) experience.
· Demonstrated organizational skills.
· Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
· Knowledge usually required through a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Apply online at www.trustapexinternational.com/careers