Career Opportunity: Retina Technician – Apex Eye – Cincinnati, OH
Do you enjoy making processes run smoothly and becoming a master of your trade? Do you have retina experience and a passion for providing friendly customer service? We have the perfect opportunity for you at our company with a history of growth and outstanding leadership!
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH, area.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to add a Retina Technician to travel between our Montgomery, Fairfield and Mason locations. The Retina Technician will be responsible for:
- Performing diagnostic tests including but not limited to the following: pupil assessment, visual acuity, tonometry, lensometry, color vision testing, OCT, and visual field testing.
- Prepares patients for B-scan ultrasonography and gets equipment set up for the physician.
- Prepares and assists with intravitreal injections.
- Orders intravitreal drugs and maintains necessary supply.
- Prepares patients for Laser procedures and sets up the equipment for Laser procedures.
- Ensures all three offices are stocked with necessary supplies and that all equipment is set up and dismantled correctly.
- Phone triage/calling in/Escribe prescriptions.
- Schedule appointments and obtain insurance authorizations as needed.
- Participates in Research Studies and maintains certifications/training required and participate in special department projects as needed.
Apex Eye is looking for its Retina Technician to be empathetic, well- organized and detail-oriented, in addition to:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus.
- At least 1 year of prior Retina Technician experience required.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment is required.
- Ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to assist with medical treatment as needed.
- Strong computer and math skills, including familiarity with electronic records and ICD-10.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today. Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.