We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant with a professional demeanor and excellent skill set. Hiring for our Westlake location. Apex Dermatology and Skin Surgery is a growing, fast paced environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent individualized care for all our patients and a positive work environment for our entire team. We provide a fun, high energy environment with an emphasis on team work. Must have strong medical terminology, strong communications skills and be able to type 35+ wpm. Dermatology experience preferred, ECW experience a plus, but not required.
• Prepare patients for examination and procedures, obtains patient histories, allergies, and vital signs, dictation for the Provider while in the room.
• Ensure proper set up for procedures and assists provider with procedures. Maintain proper sterile and non-sterile technique when indicated.
• Administer injections ordered by the provider
• Provide patient education as directed by the provider
• Maintain exam room supplies and cleanliness
• Monitor and complete the clinical in-box tasks, e-prescribing, telephone encounters, and assigned task box
• Handle all clinical phone calls in conjunction with the providers
• Maintain and follow up with biopsy results for patients
• Perform proper wound care as directed by the provider
• Assists with autoclave procedures, and quality controls
• Complete clerical functions as directed such as: prior authorizations, schedule new and follow up appointments, answer phones, scanning documents into the electronic record
∙ Maintain knowledge with electronic medical records