Scientist 2 (Environmental Professional)
Apex Companies, LLC Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Scientist 2 (Environmental Professional)
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Houston, TX
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.Your Responsibilities as a Scientist 2:
- Plan and coordinate environmental field efforts.
- Perform fieldwork (groundwater remediation system operations & maintenance, multi-media sampling, soil boring logging, subcontractor oversight, remedy implementation, dependable data & note collection, etc.).
- Tabulate, graph, and analyze data and identify any anomalous data.
- Complete reports using good technical writing and, when needed, discuss the applicability of environmental regulations.
- Prepare proposals.
- Be driven to perform work efficiently and safely, excel at timely customer/client service, and broaden your technical and project management capabilities.
- Seek and accept mentoring and diligently take and record instruction.
- Actively develop your own career growth and communicate with management to that end.
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k plan.
- Paid time-off and holidays.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Other perks and incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- BS in Geology, Environmental Science, or other related field
- 3-6 years of experience with environmental field sampling, site inspections, remediation activities, remediation system operations & maintenance, data/photo/note collection, and technical report writing.
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability and drive to successfully and efficiently multi-task, and a good understanding of safe work practices.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Adobe pdf Editor or Pro. Geological GIS, and/or environmental software experience is also a plus.
- Experience with data management, data evaluation, and figure and report preparation.
- Experience with, and/or ability to assist with. project management tasks.
- Customer service experience and a very strong commitment to championing the needs of clients.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Above average aptitude and ability to learn via 1) mentoring, 2) reading technical and regulatory documents and 3) video, in-person, and written training.
- Valid driver's license, good driving history and reliable transportation are required.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. A diverse pool of candidates is strongly encouraged to apply.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apex Companies, LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Apex Companies, LLC