- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Scientist 2
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Urbandale, IA
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Scientist 2:
- Collect soil, water, air, and/or building material samples.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Write technical reports and proposals.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or other related field
- 4-6 years of experience with environmental field sampling and data collection
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred
- Light construction experience/hands-on skills a plus.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Valid driver's license, good driving history and reliable transportation are required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at www.workatapexcos.com.
We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity and differences of our employees, customers, and communities. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Apex aims to make apexcos.com accessible to all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact Talent@apexcos.com or (301) 417-0200. Likewise, feel free to reach out to us if you would like to view or discuss Apex policy related to equal employment opportunity or have any related concerns. EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Apex Companies, LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Apex Companies, LLC