Environmental Geologist or Engineer (Scientist 1 or 2)
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position: Environmental Geologist or Engineer (Scientist/Engineer 2)
Industry: Science/Engineering Technical
Location: Portland, OR (Tigard)
Love What You Do. Work with Great People. Make a Difference.
If you’re looking to do interesting, meaningful work with other bright and talented people, and with a company that will invest in your development, consider a career with Apex in our Portland, Oregon office. We have a talented team of professionals who enjoy working together for a diverse collection of clients. We take pride in doing excellent work and keeping our clients happy, and as we continue to grow we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Staff Environmental Geologist or Engineer include:
- Provide field and office support for a diverse range of environmental disciplines (such as Phase I and II environmental site assessments, soil remediation, and more);
- Field work at a variety of client sites that may include: data and sample collection; oversight of remediation construction projects; subcontractor management; and cooperative problem solving;
- Collect samples from all environmental media (soil, groundwater, sediment, air, vapor) as well as building materials;
- Prepare inspection reports, field logs and related documentation, data summaries, and other reports;
- Work both independently and in a team environment on various project tasks;
- Learn federal, state and local regulations for environmental compliance and how they apply to our work;
- Actively develop your own career growth, including continuing education and obtaining professional accreditations with company support; and
- Demonstrate safe working practices and adherence to internal health and safety protocols and safety regulations.
- Management of environmental data including generating tables for environmental reporting, quality assurance of generated tables and figures, and working with databases; and
- Review of reported environmental laboratory data for usability using standard QA/QC checks.
- Diverse project assignments, including a combination of office and field work;
- Cross-discipline opportunities and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Great office location with convenient freeway access and local amenities;
- Ability to travel for project work;
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US, providing access to a wide variety of technical resources across the company.
- The Portland area is an attractive destination known for a high quality of life and abundant recreational opportunities.
- B.S./B.A. degree in geology, environmental engineering, environmental science, or similar field;
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and able to maintain field documentation, follow project plans, and implement established health and safety protocols;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, work independently and with teams, and consistently meet deadlines;
- General knowledge of environmental laboratory QA/QC is beneficial to this position;
- Clean driving and criminal record / ability to obtain security passes for military base access (DBIDS) and ports/railroads (TWIC);
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement conditions, and lift and carry field equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds;
- Willing and able to travel to field assignments throughout the Pacific Northwest and West Coast;
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including basic knowledge of Excel macros and formulas;
- Valid driver’s license.
Candidates with current OSHA 40-Hour Hazwoper, and either Geologist in Training or Engineer in Training (or the educational background to attain) are preferred candidates for this position.
Interested? Apply today.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apex Companies, LLCTigard, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.