Technical Writer II
- Posted: 5 days ago
- $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical,
Virtual position (immediate opening) (prefer candidate location being VA, MD, DC )
Bachelor’s degree, Minimum Experience: 3 years in field or related area. The Technical Writer II writes a variety of articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses. May be responsible for coordination and the production of the documents. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. In this capacity, the Technical Writer revises or writes material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Required In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the Full-time Technical Writer must possess a(n):
• A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Business, Marketing, or a similar field; some Technical Writing experience (indicated on resume)
- Some Federal Gov't or contractor experience supporting gov't agencies preforming Technical Writing (very desirable)
- Technical Writing supporting Gov't agency's policy and administrative support and communication mission
• Ability to recognize and use correct English grammar to effectively communicate information both orally and in writing;
• Ability to pay special attention to details such as formatting inconsistencies, mismatched numbers, grammatical errors, spacing errors etc.;
• Ability to understand, analyze, and ultimately translate complicated and technical subject matter into clear and persuasive prose;
• Ability to write clearly and concisely; • Ability to quickly grasp new information and apply it in their work;
• Ability to work with, organize, and integrate data, charts, pictures, and written documents in any displayed format (e.g., .pdf, .doc, .xls, .jpg, and .ppt.);
• High-level of experience with Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; • Proficient knowledge and experience with Adobe Acrobat; Ability to multi-task and efficiently organize files to maintain version control,
• Demonstrated organization and time management skills and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
Ability to coordinate with others and maintain effective working relationships which promote cooperation and teamwork.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities, must assist the Government supervisors in performing the following duties:
• Technical writing, communications, and editorial services in the development of a wide range of internal and external communication materials, presentations, and concepts related to the mission.
• Coordinate with subject matter experts to draft information products necessary to meet internal and external requests and helps express those points clearly in the correct format.
• Draft status reports
Apex Communication Corporation (ACC)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?