We are the largest and fastest-growing accounting firm headquartered in the Tri-Cities because growth starts with our people — that’s YOU! We support personal development, giving back to the community, real team collaboration, executive coaching, a professional career growth track, and a culture of entrepreneurial spirit. Be an A-lister and show up as a leader in every way. Join an accounting firm relentlessly focused on what matters to you most. Ready to grow and make a difference?
Apex is in need of a topflight tax professional. As our Tax Manager. This is a full time position and could be modified to be part-time. You will be involved in tax return preparation & review, tax planning, in-depth tax research, and client consultation. Reporting directly to the Managing Partner, your ability to research complex tax issues, combined with your high level of entrepreneurship and professionalism, will bring added depth to our firm.
- Manage and provide leadership for individual and corporate tax engagements and tax planning.
- Conduct tax research related to accounting issues and analyze client financial business situations.
- Enjoy hands-on client opportunities that allow your entrepreneurial drive to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Train, develop and motivate staff and senior level associates
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Client-centric and entrepreneurial
- 5+ years of experience including Public Accounting experience
- CPA required with current license in Illinois
- MST a bonus
- Strong tax research and tax planning expertise
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to make decisions
- Proficient computer skills are essential. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, accounting and tax software is required
- Team player with ability to communicate well with clients and associates
- Dynamic, Team Based Work Environment
- Work as a client advisor to help our clients grow
- Flexible work arrangements during Tax Season
- Flexible Hours from May-October
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 40 hours of Continuing Professional Education provided annually
- ICPAS & AICPA Dues Fully Reimbursed
- Employee Development/Mentoring Program
- Revenue Sharing Bonus Program