SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Housekeeper is perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Environmental Services, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor, no matter how minor they may be.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or residential areas.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, bathroom fixtures etc.
- Clean floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting etc.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions when necessary.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious materials and/or hazardous wastes or chemicals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions, etc.
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.