Tax Planner/Associate Financial Advisor
Apella Capital, LLC Lenox, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Apella Capital (Apella) is an established and fast-growing wealth management firm (RIA) that is expanding to new markets and looking for an experienced tax and financial professional who has a passion for helping clients through planning. Our Lenox office, located in Western Massachusetts is looking for a tax planner to step in to a mature wealth management office to support their sophisticated and tax focused planning and investment strategies.
Apella is headquartered in CT with offices across the country including MA, RI, NY, TN, TX, CA and WA. As Apella continues to grow it offers clients, employees and advisors a unique experience by taking a team approach to offering the highest quality of service. Apella believes every client deserves advice with integrity; a disciplined investment philosophy focused on the things we can control like costs, taxes, and risk. We get to know our clients very well and use that knowledge to create customized financial, investment and tax plans, and manage their investments.
- Work with the office’s senior financial advisors, existing Lenox office clients and assisting to onboard new clients; support client relationships delivering an exceptional experience through detailed investment plans, tax plans and financial advice that supports clients’ investment objectives..
- Leverage internal and external resources to achieve client objectives through financial, investment and tax planning, but also in such areas as estate planning and risk management.
- Assist in account monitoring, identifying actions necessitated by client tax plans, tax loss harvesting opportunities and work with the Office’s Senior Investment Advisor and Apella’s Trading Department to analyze and implement trading recommendations at various custodians.
- Work in a local team environment collaborating with the home office to ensure client retention and high satisfaction with a relentless focus on remarkable service.
- Maintain a strong understanding of tax laws and updates, research complex tax issues and maintain an understanding of current market conditions as they relate to clients’ investments.
- Communicate our unique value proposition to prospective clients and work to establish Apella Capital as their trusted financial advisor.
- Develop and expand relationships within the community
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in good standing.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a tax planning and/or tax preparation setting.
- Knowledge of Federal and State individual tax return preparation, return review and related analytics.
- An interest in the impact of taxation on investment returns. Trust and estate tax experience and return preparation.
- Familiarity with financial and net worth statements.
- Familiarity with tax planning and portfolio management software.
- Outstanding communication skills
Apella Capital offers competitive salaries and benefits to full time employees (30 hours per week or more) that include Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401k, Vision, Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
Apella Capital, LLC
Apella Capital, LLC is an investment advisory firm registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission with offices located across the country. We are a rapidly growing firm building a national footprint through organic and inorganic growth strategies. We are interested in expanding our team with a highly motivated and dedicated individual focused on providing exceptional planning, advice, and service to clients. A team first mentality is essential as well as enthusiasm for comprehensive financial planning, factor investing, and growth. Apella Capital offers competitive salaries and benefits to full time employees (30 hours per week or more) that include Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401k, Vision, Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
5 Walker St. LenoxLenox, MA