Area Safety Manager
Apache Industrial Services El Dorado, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Area Safety Manager
Position Reports To: Regional Safety Manager / Branch Manager
To provide safety leadership for multiple sites at a branch level (motivate the project team to exceed expectations), ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance through training and craft engagement in our safety philosophy, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental and customer expectations. Be an advocate for the project team. This means being a problem solver, not a problem creator. Anyone can identify flaws but it takes leadership to dig in and stay engaged until the issues are resolved.
Apply knowledge, training, and experience in Safety to all aspects of site activities. Work closely with Apache site management and client Safety and Operations to ensure that expectations and activities remain in alignment. Maintain communication with other site leadership about all aspects of Safety compliance at the project site and share appropriate details with your direct supervisor. Ensure that ALL Safety-related incidents are reported immediately to your supervisor and appropriate site management. Build the team's morale and help them achieve their goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Communicate effectively – Oral and written communication represents who you are as a person and who Apache is as a company. Maintain a high level of professionalism and never send out an email or letter without proofreading it first
- Speak in large groups with confidence
- Maintain and handle highly confidential information
- Ability to read and evaluate engineer drawings to verify design compliance
- Solve problems, don’t identify a problem without an appropriate solution
- Effective time management skills – Task lists, delegation, organization, and most of all FOLLOW THROUGH!
- Accountability and ownership – Hold yourself accountable. Never wait for someone to remind you that something is due, keep them in the loop, and if it is going to be late, let them know early
- Evaluate incidents for recordkeeping purposes
- Work with clinics in the area to improve return to work consistently for our employees
- Facilitate a work environment that supports the Apache safety culture in everything that we do
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety rules and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Evaluate trends from leading and lagging indicators to guide employee performance
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. You represent Apache to our employees, customers, competitors, and regulators. Never lie and always follow up after a request. If you don’t know the answer, simply state that fact.
- Attend appropriate training (approved by your supervisor) to keep your safety knowledge, skills and abilities up to date and accurate
- Support the Project Manager and their team by being involved in planning, scheduling, customer and execution meetings
- It is everyone’s responsibility to stop work if someone is in danger of being harmed or harming someone else. Allow the Project Manager and/or Superintendent to handle any disciplinary action.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes and work with project leadership to implement preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents with a high potential for serious injury or loss
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment. Manage your budgets and ensure that employees aren’t waiting on safety gear to be able to perform their work
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Safety Manual, EPA, OSHA, and other appropriate regulations
- Manage other safety staff and hold them accountable for daily/weekly/monthly tasks
- Train your replacement. The only way you will grow in our business is to develop the people that work for you through deliberate training exercises and constant coaching/feedback
- Perform other duties as assigned
The following qualifications for this position shall be ascertained by Apache Management. Some qualifications may be measured by interviews with Apache management, employees, and/or previous employers.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related field and/or a degree in a related field
- Minimum 1-year experience with Apache or past experience that identifies knowledge, skills, and abilities that would allow you to take on this position sooner
- Able to demonstrate the ability to lead a team and foster a positive safety culture
Apache Industrial Services
AddressEl Dorado, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Apache Industrial Services