Aon is looking for a Assistant Vice President level Broker/Account Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk clients in New York, New York. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President/Executive Director.
Your impact as an AVP level Broker/AE
This role provides detailed support to Vice-President and/or Senior Vice-President colleagues on complex professional liability, EPL/ML and cyber placements and ensures all clients' needs are promptly and accurately satisfied with deadlines met on a timely basis and quality standards maintained. This individual grasps topics related to the specialty niche, handles projects handled independently and creatively, and acts on behalf of the Vice-President/Senior Vice-President when needed.
- Day to day servicing activities for professional services clients
- Ensure client, marketing and claims files are maintained in a timely fashion
- Proactively coordinate renewal cycle to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and/or check renewal invitation letters, application reviews, market submissions, terms reports, putting up the firm orders to various insurance companies, ensuring that coverage is bound prior to the effective date, and responding to client requests and inquiries
- Prepare and/or check computations of premiums and taxes. Prepare and/or check client invoices as appropriate
- Prepare wording comparisons, consolidated policy wordings, letters and reports under the direction of the Vice-President/Senior Vice President
- Ensure all communications, both written and verbal, received from clients, insurers and other Aon offices are acknowledged promptly by working with the Vice-President/Senior Vice President
- Coordinate activity with other Aon offices to ensure smooth completion of all client and marketing activity
- Responsible for marketing and development of terms under the direction of the Vice-President/Senior Vice President
- Prepare and/or check policy documentation
- Assist in development of sales documents, presentations and RFP responses to prospective new clients
- Assist in the development and production of client stewardship reports
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Check all data into the Client Information System (CIS), GRIP, and other various databases/systems
- Maintain daily diary and outstanding list on the client accounts
- Review and approve work done by account representative and assistant and provide guidance
- Prepare and/or check communication based upon master drafts where appropriate
- Monitor claims activities and deadlines
- Undertake various duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Willingness to take insurance courses
- Good writing skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with significant attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible
- Technically/detail oriented
- Be energetic/have a proven sense of urgency
- Minimum 3 years professional indemnity coverage experience
- Employment Practices Liability, Management Liability, and/or Cyber Liability experience an asset
- New York State Brokers License (or willingness to obtain such license within a reasonable timeframe)
- Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is required.
- Bachelor's degree
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2460217
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: United States, NY, New York