The job description includes, but is not limited to, safely designing and implementing appropriate individual fitness programs for clients. In addition, personal trainers will educate, stimulate, motivate and promote adherence to a healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to assess an individual and prescribe an appropriate fitness program.
- Experience in fitness testing, exercise program design and teaching appropriate fitness programs to members of varying ages and fitness levels.
- Provide fitness instructions while maintaining high safety standards.
- Must possess excellent knowledge in areas of health, fitness and nutrition.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor of any needed maintenance of fitness equipment and facility.
- Attends staff meetings, training sessions, and orientations when scheduled.
- Completes all appropriate paperwork (appointment schedule, workout cards, and time sheets).
- Keeps Health & Wellness Director informed of any problems that may have occurred in the fitness center.
- Always convey a positive attitude when interacting with or in the presence of members.
- Strong communication and human relation skills.
- Ability to effectively motivate and encourage a diverse population.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in handling issues with staff and members.
- Bachelor degree in related field and/or accredited Personal Training Certification (ACSM, ACE, NSCA, AFAA, NASM, NETA).
- First Aid / CPR / AED certified or willingness to certify within 3 months of employment.
Annual training/Certifications Required:
- First Aid / CPR / AED certified or willingness to certify within 3 months of employment