- An Anytime Fitness® Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) focuses primarily on helping all members “get to a healthier place.” A PFT must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to create and conduct safe and effective exercise for a wide variety of participants.
- He/she must be comfortable and confident with fitness program design, program instruction, and influencing behavior change. The PFT does this by servicing Fitness Consultations, Traditional (1-on-1) Training, Small Group Training, Virtual Training and additional programming opportunities as deemed appropriate by the individual club.
- Beyond the traditional roles described, the PFT provides guidance, education, and encouragement and most importantly, develops relationships with all members to improve retention.
- AF expects PFTs to possess above average customer service skills and be on a mission to provide a “surprisingly personable experience” with everyone he/she meets.
- Trainers are responsible for the general upkeep of the club (equipment and floor cleanliness), sales and marketing for programming, and proactive outreach to inactive members to assist in retention efforts.
- Evaluates individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develops suitable training programs to meet any special needs.
- Observes and informs individuals' of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Monitors individuals' progress and adapts training programs as needed.
- Teaches proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Instructs individuals in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Teaches and demonstrates use of training and exercise equipment.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Provides individuals with information and resources regarding nutrition lifestyle changes.
- Personal Continuing Education Club Connect CEC Courses Additional Virtual & Live Events
- Business to Business Relationships Seminars for corporations Fitness classes for corporations Health Fairs for corporations
- Keep in Touch Strategy Completing detailed notes of all FCs, 1-on-1 sessions and group sessions Follow up e-mails Follow up phone calls Manage virtual touch points
- Community Events Organize community outreach events Facilitate community outreach events
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate's degree or training in a vocational school
- Experience: Appropriate certifications and/or licensures with 1-2 years of related experience
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- Active listening
- Judgment and decision making
- Attention to Detail
- Surprisingly Personable