Anticimex is the fourth largest pest control company in the world, with a vision to become the global leader in preventive pest control.
The company has grown every year since it began doing business as a family firm in Sweden in 1934. Its initial service to property owners was a novel "no bedbugs guarantee" via an annual contract at a fixed price. "Anticimex" literally translates to "against bedbugs" in Latin.
Building on its big success in Sweden, Anticimex expanded internationally in the 1970s and today operates in 18 countries, offering not only pest control, but also food safety, building environment services, fire protection, and insurance. Anticimex is also leading the way in developing new digital methods for rodent prevention, including its SMART high-tech digital traps, sensors, and cameras to help control rodent activity.
The company's specialists handle jobs in all settings and of all sizes, from residential to commercial to corporate, and from minor- to major-scale. Each specialist is highly trained, state-certified and OSHA-certified, and strives to maximize safety and minimize impact on the environment.
Over the past 5 years, Anticimex has tripled its annual revenue, driven by strong organic growth and approximately 200 acquisitions worldwide. The company entered the North American market in August 2016 through the acquisition of Bug Doctor based in New Jersey and American Pest based in Maryland. Following a series of additional regional acquisitions and tuck-in acquisitions (37 in total as of September 2019, of which 13 occurred in 2019), and organic growth initiatives, pro forma revenue for FY 2018 was approximately $120 million. Estimated pro forma FY 2019 revenue is estimated to approximately $230 million.
By 2020, the company aims to have built a $350 million operation in the United States, earned a reputation as the clear industry leader from a customer and employee perspective, and achieved industry leading profitability at 20% EBITA.
Anticimex is a value-driven company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the organization. Its core values 'trust, innovation, and passion' are at the heart of everything they do. The culture is also reflective of this exciting time of new opportunity and high growth in North America. The environment is action-oriented, transparent, and collaborative. Employees are empowered to make decisions, roll up their sleeves, and contribute. People who enjoy building processes, teams, and talent; a fast-paced growth environment; technology; and where personal contribution will have visible impact will thrive at Anticimex.
Anticimex is looking for an exciting hands-on Systems Administrator with experience supporting Azure, AWS, Office 365 and Cisco Meraki network equipment in a services company vertical. The individual needs to have the ability to function effectively with limited oversight. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that understands the importance of system integrity, efficiency, and security within a mostly SaaS-based company. The company will provide limited on-site training at our worldwide headquarters.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The mission will be to administer, support, and keep our mostly could-based systems running and continually improving system performance through innovation and new technologies. The person who fills this role will join a worldwide group of cloud systems administrators dedicated to providing infrastructure level three technical help desk support and problem resolution as it relates to computer systems, hardware, software, and networks that are mostly on the cloud.
- Administration, configuration, and maintenance of Microsoft Azure and Office 365 platform solutions as well as various cyber security tools
- Support Cisco Meraki network equipment including firewalls, switches and access points
- Configure and support Windows Server OS / VM's on Azure services
- Troubleshoot various AWS, Azure and Office 365 issues, features, connectivity, and mobility
- Train and educate users on Office 365 tools including OneDrive, Teams, OneNote, Outlook, etc.
- Provide end-user support for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android configurations
- 25% travel to our US platform companies as well as our worldwide headquarters is required
- 5 plus years proven experience administering Microsoft environments as listed here
- Experience administering Office 365, Exchange, Azure, Active Directory, Teams and SharePoint
- Experience with automation tools and scripting, including PowerShell
- Experience with deploying Microsoft security tools and apps via endpoint management
- Strong communications skills with technical troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- A positive attitude with superior customer service and helpdesk skills
- Bachelor's degree and technical certifications (MCP, MCSA, M365 Certified Admin) preferred
- Familiarity with tools, such as Microsoft Azure API, Power BI, Flow, and Power Apps
- Ability to lift objects (hardware, network equipment, etc.) up to 25 pounds
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion as required
We offer a competitive salary as well as a short-term incentive program, healthcare plans including medical, dental and vision as well as 401k retirement savings plan.
Anticimex is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro