Resource Special Education Teacher
AnthroMed Education Darien, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AnthroMed Education is a Special Education services provider aiming to enhance the communities we serve. We are seeking a committed Resource Special Education teacher who will be supporting students in an Elementary School.
Here at AnthroMed Education, we provide the very best Special Education to both public and charter school districts in Illinois. AnthroMed Education believes in working with our Special Education Teachers to help them achieve their short- and long-term career goals and truly make an impactful difference in student’s lives.
Grade: 3rd Grade
Caseload: 5 students
Responsibilities of the Resource Special Education Teacher:
- Developing and implementing individualized programs of instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Uses technology to track student progress, prepare written reports, implement IEPs, and record progress.
- Implement varied instructional strategies (i.e. – direct instruction, reading/writing workshop, hand-on, project-based learning, modeling, graphic organizers, integrated content, jigsaw, journaling, learning centers, etc.).
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Participating as an educational team member for the success of all students.
- Utilize research-based strategies and differentiation to engage and nurture student learning and student relationships based on individual strengths and needs.
- Monitor and report student’s academic, behavioral, social, and emotional progress.
- Prepares report cards, educational records, IEP procedures, data collection, behavior plans, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Evaluates student progress based on observations, data, and assessments, determines goals, objectives, and directions.
- Actively participate with colleagues in school improvement activities, curriculum development, teaming, and collaboration.
- Interprets students' educational needs and progress to parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Special Education Teacher:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Professional Educator License with LBS1 endorsement required
- Previous experience in an elementary school setting is a plus!
AnthroMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran, or military status.
EducationView all jobs at AnthroMed Education