Material Handler $$$2500 SIGNING BONUS $$$
Anthony International Madison, GA Madison, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$$ 2500 Sign on Bonus$$
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located at 1101 Sovis Rd in Madison, GA 30650
Job Title: Material Handler, 1st shift
Pay: Depending on Experience
What’s in it for you?
$2500 Sign on Bonus, Medical, Dental, 401K and more!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a 1st shift, Material handler who will handle materials and transports parts, reads and interprets production schedules and tickets. Issues material and other supplies to production areas. Performs normal daily maintenance on forklift. Performs inventory movement transactions in computer system. Loads, unloads and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site. Most material is transported by fork lift.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
- Reads sales order, follows oral instructions, phone instructions or e-mail instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Opens containers. May gather orders based on visual observation or tickets pulled from or at a supply Kanban or workstation Kanban.
- Receives incoming materials, parts, and packages from various suppliers and means of delivery. Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper or supplier to rectify damages and shortages. Delivers paper work to data entry for appropriate input.
- Responsible for making arrangements for timely pickup by carrier specified on purchase order prepares and / or attaches appropriate paperwork for outbound product or materials.
- Order material from warehouse or storage area via AS400 for production lines
- May loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Loads and unloads materials onto and from vehicles with larger and heavier loads being handled via fork truck. Smaller and lighter loads may be handled by hand or a manual material handling device. Outbound goods may require installation or fabrication of crating or, strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- May be required to use crimping or banding tools or stretch wrap by hand or machine to prepare some materials for movement.
- Conveys materials from storage or worksite to designated area by use of forklift.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases or other containers. In case of receiving materials delivers appropriate paperwork to data entry.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate amount of shipping and/or receiving materials on hand at all times.
- Assist with and / or support cycle counts and inventory count as directed by supervisor
What are the basic qualifications?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education: High school diploma or GED
-1 to 3 years in field is preferred
-Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
-Certification for each type of powered mobile material handling equipment required
Computer Skills: Word, Power Point and Shipping / receiving systems knowledge
- Math, Ability to accurately count and record data Statistics
- Analytical or Reasoning Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend data
- Communication Skills: (Writing, Foreign Language, Reasoning)
- Good written and verbal skills
- Other Skills (Technical, or Other special knowledge and abilities)
- Outlook, keyboarding, able to send and receive e-mail. Capable of looking up parts on system.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, or operate equipment for long periods of time
- Must be able to stay focused on activities and pedestrians due to the potential hazards of operating powered equipment
- Must have good vision and depth perception to place materials in above eye level storage systems
- Must demonstrate extreme caution in handling and transporting hazardous materials
To be a great fit for the role:
Ship / receive systems knowledge
Reading and comprehension of instructions
Most work takes place in or near a production environment and requires PPE
As food delivery and technology converge, now more than ever, each employee at Anthony is a critical link in the chain that allows food to successfully reach consumers every day. Anthony strives to foster an exciting, fast paced, and rewarding work environment where innovative and disruptive thinking is encouraged and rewarded. We offer a blend of a small company atmosphere with the benefits of large company scale, tools, and career opportunities. New ideas and new innovations are fueling Anthony’s future. Join the Anthony team today!
Anthony International Madison, GA
At Anthony, a Dover Company, we are a team, and every team member contributes to our vision: To enhance people’s lives through safe and efficient merchandising technologies. For over 60 years, our products have been part of the critical path of the food chain that starts with the farm and ends with your family consuming fresh, safe and healthy foods. We are leading our industry by Innovating What’s Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe and allow retailers all over the world to showcase products in an attractive and energy efficient display. By adding Anthony doors to refrigerated cases, retailers are able to reduce their carbon footprints by decreasing electricity usage as much as 70%. As food delivery and technology converge, now more than ever, each employee at Anthony is a critical link in the chain that allows food to successfully reach consumers every day. Anthony strives to foster an exciting, fast paced, and rewarding work environment where innovative and disruptive thinking is encouraged and rewarded. We offer a blend of a small company atmosphere with the benefits of large company scale, tools, and career opportunities. New ideas and new innovations are fueling Anthony’s future. Join the Anthony team today!
1101 Sovis Rd in MadisonMadison, GA
Transportation and Storage