Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Senior Software Engineer position will be responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high-quality member portals and mobile apps. This position is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly collaborative team working on innovative technologies in healthcare. The ideal candidate is a full stack developer who is familiar with each layer but with focus in iOS/Android and externally facing portal Application development
The Software Engineer should possess the following Qualifications:
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing/developing web, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts
- Enabling an innovative approach to data platforms which greatly increase the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of IT services at a lower cost
- Leading design reviews, planning , developing and resolving technical issues
- Building scalable microservices/RESTful APIs and writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Provide technical leadership for Mobile Application Development in support of the development of high-quality mobile applications
- Triage, analyze and improve app performance in production
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to design solutions, estimate effort, and collaborate with the team to effectively plan work
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability Monitor platform performance tools in production and raise awareness to team
- Contribute to the architecture and design of portal and mobile apps for the division
- Understand the practicalities of DevOps style (agile/lean) approaches to software development.
- Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents within
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- At times, responsible for assisting with client and project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field required
- 5+ years of experience with Angular, React, NodeJS and Java
- 3+ years of web and mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Strong experience with full mobile development lifecycle and RESTful APIs
- Proficient in Unit test and secure coding
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle, Redis and MongoDB
- Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server and Tableau high preferred
- Experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud , AWS preferred
- Experience using AWS native tools (S3, Lambda, EBS, EC2, EMR) preferred
- Experience building applications with Dev Ops tools such as Bamboo, Docker, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc. is preferred
- Experience designing and implementing Healthcare applications
- Experience with security and privacy standards; e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO27001 etc.,
- Excellent Written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience in Agile software development life cycles and DevOps principles
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 Diversity Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.