Service Account Rep II - Group Retiree - PS33176
Location: Ohio, United States
Requisition #: PS33176
Post Date: 8 hours ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc. , it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Service Account Rep II - Group Retiree Midwest Region - PS33176
The selected candidate should work from an Anthem office in one of the following states: Georgia, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Colorado, Nevada, or Wisconsin.
****The specific cities for the office locations can be found on our website.**
Responsible for supporting the Group Retiree Account Management Executive(s) and team in the retention of retiree membership for large local groups and national accounts. Typical group size is 500+ eligible retiree subscribers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Account Management Executive, develops relationships with existing accounts, members and brokers and responds to inquiries.
- Acts on behalf of the Account Management Executive to respond to client service needs, proposals and decision-makers during the negotiation / renewal process.
- Conducts meetings with group employees who have a choice of carriers and promote, sell, persuade and influence associates to enroll in our retiree products.
- Advises clients on developing and designing group retiree specific benefit plans that will best suit the client's needs.
- Directs and coordinates group retiree (Medicare) benefit design issues and modifications with Operations and Membership Implementation staff in support of client needs.
- Analyzes client needs and develops, designs and recommends or implements product improvements or additions to increase membership.
- Working with the Account Management Executive, negotiates with the client and Underwriting regarding the price or rates for specific plans and options, and developing alternative plans or modifications to lower the rates.
- Sells, promotes, and influences companies or clients to add additional Anthem retiree products or services to the existing account (up sell).
- Responsible for projects outside the department on matters of significance with the authority to represent the department.
- Develops relationships with existing accounts, members and brokers and responds to inquiries.
- Requires a BA/BS;
- 2 years of sales support and/or account management experience in healthcare with Commercial accounts, and/or individual Medicare; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Group Retiree or Medicare experience is preferred.
- Sales license required within 6 months.
- Some travel may be required.