Medical Director, Digital Technology - PS28906
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS28906
Post Date: 8 hours ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Must work out of one of the following office locations:
- Palo Alto, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with physicians and business leaders across the clinical organization to define the future of clinical strategy and roadmap within the digital organization and Anthem. Develops strategy and roadmaps regarding our physician facing products and designs solutions for underserved members with specialists such as clinicians, behavioral economists, and technologists.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company and may be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on external committees. Influences internal and external stakeholders on both the patient and provider-side. Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality of clinical programs.
- Focus on technology (business side of innovation): Serves on external technology development committees for setting industry standards in clinical practice. Collaborates with others in the development of market viable business models for innovative products. Writes clinical requirements for innovative products and services to represent both the needs of the patient and the provider. Works with clinical teams to ensure that near term business needs are being addressed through innovative projects.
- Focus on clinical data and informatics (clinical credibility): Drives publication of key results of interventions and studies to prove member, medical and scientific benefit. Engages with key stakeholders within medical associations to drive conversations around an evolving standard of care.
- Requires M.D. or D.O.; Board certification approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties required, where applicable to duties being performed, Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession. Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law, or regulation, must be located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base, vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US, and 3 plus years of post-residency experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Product Management and Agile training/experience preferred for Technology focus.
- Certifications for Agile/SCRUMM, Data Science education and publication experience preferred for Clinical Data/Informatics focus.
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit
us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.