Data Admin Sr Advisor (Splunk)-NGS-P3934
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS3934
Post Date: Feb 25, 2019
Your Talent. Our Vision. At National Government Services (NGS) , an independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country,it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
The Data Admin Senior Advisor will be responsible for identifying and defining standard procedures and processes and gathering, formatting and loading metadata to ensure compatibility with vision and direction. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Senior Business and IT partners to identify, prioritize and lead the development and implementation of Data Administration standards, policies, methods and procedures and leads highly complex Data Administration projects.
- Works with vendor representative to define, negotiate and implement agreements to complete required work, provides contract supervision and makes final recommendation regarding performance of contract.
- Works with Business and IT partners to prioritize reporting needs, direct development and implementation activities and identify, translate and prioritize the most complex metadata repository architectural requirements.
- Troubleshoots the most difficult metadata repository problems.
- Integrates data profiling and data quality practices into corporate standard SDLC process.
- Develops tools to enable quick and accurate project start-up.
- Identifies and defines Data Administration SDLC tasks for application development. Communicates with and mentors junior associates.
- Serves as an expert in all facets of custom interface development, system administration.
- Researches market for innovative new Data Administration technologies, tools, methods and process; integrates with business and IT partners.
- Requires BA/BS degree in computer science/information management or other related field; 10 plus years' experience in information systems and 7 plus years' experience in data administration or related discipline which would include metadata management, reference data management, and data quality; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Prior experience with ASG Rochade Evoke, Data Foundations/Kalido or similar, UNIX, JAVA, PowerBuilder, Oracle, DB2 UDB, Teredata, Sybase and SQL servers preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with any size group and superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Splunk certification and training is required.
- Experience with Government Contracts or CMS (Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services).