Account Management Executive - PS29578
Location: Ohio, United States
Requisition #: PS29578
Post Date: 2 hours ago
Your Talent. Our Vision . At Anthem, Inc. , it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Account Management Executive - (National Accounts) - Central Region - PS29578
Location: The selected candidate can work at any one of our Central ANA office locations or remote work from home. Office locations include: multiple locations in Ohio, Indianapolis, IN, St. Louis, MO, or Louisville, KY. Any candidate interested in remote work from home must be available to work the time zones for the Central and East regions.
Responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of large local group business or national accounts. May also work with new sales. Typical group size is 5,000 eligible or enrolled subscribers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Proactively supports client in development and implementation of annual and multi-year healthcare benefits objectives and strategy.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Provides support for field sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly.
- Requires a BA/BS.
- 5 years' experience as an Account Executive in group health insurance (managed care) and benefits; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Prefer experience with National or Local accounts (1000 or more covered employees).
- Experience assisting clients with health care utilization, cost projections, and budgeting required.
- Sales license required within 6 months.
- Travel is required as necessary.