Anthem Tax Services is the leading nationwide tax resolution firm helping people solve their IRS tax problems. We work to build relationships with thousands of clients and the IRS so that we can offer representation to taxpayers with a variety of tax issues.
We are currently looking for an experienced, detail oriented Senior Tax Preparer to join our team.
A day in the life: As our Senior Tax Preparer, you will be responsible for assisting with preparing and filing individual and corporate tax returns on behalf of our clients. The complexity of the returns varies from basic to complex. Other responsibilities include some administrative tasks such as answering the phones and following up with clients on the status of their returns.
Who you are:
- 2+ year(s) of preparing individual and business tax returns.
- Possess a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) and be registered with the IRS (as required).
- Current CTEC License or CPA.
- Proactively interact with clients to gather tax information and resolve tax-related questions.
- Work independently or with other members of the staff to analyze client data and prepare work papers and tax returns for businesses and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively manage workflow and priorities.
- Responsible for timely completion of assignments.
- Be proficient with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks - NOT REQ.
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Detail oriented with problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, time management and project management skills.
What makes you stand out:
- Previous bookkeeping experience. - NOT REQUIRED BUT A ++
- Experience managing 1-5 direct reports.
- Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skills.
- Desire to grow your career in a fast paced startup environment.
What We Offer:
Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, holiday)
Award winning work culture
Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
401(K)- 4th Q.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Tax Prep: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- CTEC (Required)
- PTIN (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules