Nurse Practitioner - Field Based (San Bernardino, CA, Apple Valley, Hesperia)
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS30312
Post Date: 10 hours ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore , a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing senior Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience, it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
CareMore is entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients and currently serve nearly 200,000 patients in multiple states across Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America's largest managed healthcare organizations.
CareMore's Health Networks, Primary Care+, Touch and CareMore@Home models drive strategy, operations, and care delivery in our national markets (Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Nevada, New York, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and the District of Columbia), where CareMore builds and runs capitated primary care medical groups, at-risk health networks and upstream care delivery products in service of high-risk Medicaid, Medicare and commercial patients. Our comprehensive, upstream approach to health is led by robust multidisciplinary teams of extensivists (managing acute and post-acute episodes of care), primary care clinicians, behavioral health clinicians, care management & engagement specialists (including social workers, case managers and community health workers), and mobile home-based care teams. We continue to evolve our model to effectively engage and care for complex patients, led by a team of passionate, execution-minded leaders dedicated to this mission.
You can learn more about CareMore's transformative approach to care here:
Des Moines Register - New Model: Insurers Hire Doctors
The Atlantic - The Quiet Healthcare Revolution
The New York Times - The High Price of Failing America's Costliest Patients
Location: Working in the San Bernardino, CA area: Apple Valley, Hesperia (Field Based)
The Nurse Practitioner, CareMore Hospital@Home will serve as the provider for complex Medicare Advantage members in our San Bernardino market focused on providing: acute management for urgent complaints, comprehensive chronic disease management and assessments, as well as Palliative care services in the patient's home. The APC will work collaboratively as part of a mobile clinical team of advanced practice colleagues, physicians, medical assistants, and case managers to bring integrated care to the most in need. The APC will be responsible for effective care for complex medical issues, working at the top of his/her license, leveraging CareMore's history of proven impact in Medicare Advantage and established training process for advanced practice clinicians.
- A true patient-centered approach, from a bedside manner that puts patients and caregivers at ease
- A collaborative team member and effective communicator
- Willingness to operate in an ambiguous environment, without continuous supervision
- Proficient in the diagnosis, and treatment of primary, secondary, and tertiary health conditions to ensure best possible clinical outcomes; includes formulating comprehensive treatment and education plans for patients
- Orders appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interprets results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Efficiently reviews diagnosis, comorbidities, systems and develops a comprehensive plan of care
- Effectively utilizes screening tools (PPS, ESAS, FAST scale, PHQ 9) and interprets results in order to provide comprehensive symptom management
- Efficient in acute and chronic wound management
- Participates in advance care planning and end of life discussions
- Effectively collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers; expertly leverages all resource included in clinical model and fosters cohesion within clinical team.
- Accurately documents patients' medical information and appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions
- Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holidays
- Follows evidence based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice.
- 1 year of related experience with clinicalemphasis for nurse practitioner; or any combination of education andexperience, which would provide an equivalent background is required.
- 2-5 years of experience working in acute caresettings such as ICU, CCU, telemetry, emergency medicine is a plus
- Master's Degree in Nursing Required and BoardCertification
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP licensein the state of California is required.
- Prescribing or furnishing authority/DEAlicensure in good standing as required in the state of California is preferred
- NPI billing number; Medicare Part D Prescriber preferred
- Bilingual Spanish skills is a plus.
- Proficient in use of EMR and other technologyuse.
- Experience with conducting patient home visitspreferred.
- Must be flexible with local traveling within theassigned county for daily home visits.
- While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel andoccasionally lift patients.