Manager II Case Management (RN / Telephonic) Remote (PS27804)
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS27804
Post Date: 1 day ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: This position will allow you to work from your home office anywhere in the United States.
Hours of Operation: The hours of operation for this team are 8am - 11pm EST. Work hours will be 8 hour shifts during this time frame. We are looking for candidates who can work 2:30pm - 11pm EST as well as starting at 8am EST.
This Manager ll Case Management position will be supporting our new client and is responsible for telephonically managing a team of nurse care managers engaged in assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum and ensuring member access to services appropriate to their health needs. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for process improvement, quality assurance, and adherence to appropriate medical policy, care management best practices, relevant clinical standards, and member contract.
- Serves as mentor to lower leveled managers and as subject matter expert for other areas of the company and within the department.
- Manages multiple functions requiring unique sets of knowledge or has significant fiscal accountability.
- Develops and manages annual operating budget.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- BA/BS in a health related field; 5 years of clinical experience; 2 years of prior management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in state where applicant resides is required.
- Experience in / or Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
- Overnight travel approximately once per quarter required.