Health Coach Lead - REMOTE (Travel Required) (PS26840VMJ)
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS26840
Post Date: 22 hours ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Health Coach Lead - Travel required
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday normal business hours
Location: Anywhere in the US
The Health Coach Lead provides supervision to a team of Health Coaches who are responsible for serving as a resource and enhancement to the client wellness program.
Ensuring that onsite health coaching aims to reduce employee health risks by assisting employees in identifying and understanding health risks and then coaching them through the behavioral change process to reduce their risks.
Assist with the development, execution and provides support to specific client wellness program initiatives.
Guides enthusiasm to create, promote, and drive engagement through participation in programs and onsite wellness initiatives.
Supports an integrated approach to health coaching to address multiple aspects of wellness/lifestyle needs.
Duties may also include, but are not limited to:
Supporting Coaches to conduct behavioral assessments that identify individual member knowledge, skills, and behavioral needs.
Assisting Coaches with coordinating specific health coaching to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
Aiding coaches in implementing coaching plan by using behavior change principles to identify member barriers and develop ways to overcome those barriers.
Coordinating with the interdisciplinary team to provide feedback on member goal attainment. Monitor and evaluate the interventions and modify as needed.
Guide delivery of onsite, face-to-face lifestyle management programs and health risk reduction services sessions for individuals.
Ability to triage medical issues.
Oversee the facilitation of group educational sessions on health topics of interest.
- Requires a BA/BS in appropriate field of specialization (Health Education, Exercise Physiology, Respiratory Therapy or Dietician);
- 5 years of related experience in health education, exercise instruction or patient education; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Certification, advanced certification, and/or license appropriate to field of specialty as required.
- Prior experience in health coaching, disease management and knowledge of behavioral and/or clinical assessment techniques, health and/or patient education and behavior change techniques preferred. Understanding of disease management principles preferred.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred
- Ability to travel within the US up to 50% with occasional overnight stays.