Senior Electrical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Antenna Research Associates, Inc (ARA) has a 60-year history designing and manufacturing antennas and sub-systems to support C5ISR applications within the EW/SIGINT, Commercial and Military Communications, Satellite Communications and RADAR Markets; for Government Agencies (PEO offices) and Tier 1 Primes world-wide.
Antenna Research Associates’ (ARA) is looking for a Lead Hardware Engineer for its Antenna Positioner products business. ARA has a wide variety of antenna Positioner products used for RADAR, SATCOM and SIGINT/EW. The Ideal candidate would be a Lead Hardware engineer with experience in designing control systems. ARA would consider a candidate with a strong electro-mechanical background.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Developing electronic HW control systems for antenna positioner products.
- Developing top-level bench testing for simulating and verifying design architecture.
- Implementing vendor specific and 3rd party interface controls.
- Writing digital design specifications and ICDs for outside vendors.
- Post-design support and troubleshooting using oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers and other test equipment.
- FPGA & SW embedded system design for control systems (both tracking & pointing preferred).
- Designing and implementing algorithm for control systems (for error correction in radar target tracking to beacon tracking in SATCOM applications (LEO/MEO/GEO). preferred).
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, open to new ideas and responsibilities
- Communication - Ability to clearly communicate and interact with others
- Decision Making - Able to reach a decision, takes thoughtful approach when considering options, seeks input from others, makes difficult decisions
- Employee Management - Defines responsibilities, motivates employees, delegates well
- Ethics - Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
- Initiative - Ability to take on task before being asked
- Leadership - Provides strong leadership, sets a good example, skilled decision maker, motivator and encourager
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Quality - Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve products/services
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience in control systems & tracking in SATCOM & RADAR.
- Proficient at analyzing test results and relating them to design characteristics and manufacturing methods.
- Familiarity with VHDL/Verilog and C programming and communications protocols such as BLE, I2C, UART, CAN bus and SPI is a plus.
- Experience interfacing with IMU or accelerometer MEMS sensors.
- Experience with interfacing with highspeed ADC/DACs.
- Extensive digital hardware and software/firmware experience to include FPGAs, MCUs (ARM), and SoC devices and their use in embedded systems.
- Experience transitioning design ideas to product offerings including product development and design for manufacturability.
- Direct experience interfacing with microcontrollers and/or knowledge of embedded processor implementations.
- Proven track record designing, testing, and optimizing electronics and software/firmware for control systems for SATCOM & RADAR applications.
- Experience with designing 2 Axis, 3 Axis controls for robots or antenna positioner systems for RADAR target Tracking and beacon tracking in SATCOM applications.
- Experience with version control tools and methods.
- Working knowledge of ModelSim or equivalent simulation tool for design verification testing a plus.
- BSEE minimum, MSEE preferred.
Antenna Research Associates, Inc. and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran
8880 Gorman RoadLaurel, MD
ManufacturingWebsitehttps://ara-inc.com/ View all jobs at Antenna Research Associates, Inc.
Antenna Research Associates Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?