Job functions: Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; soliciting observations from manufacturing personnel. Essential functions to include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develop and implement plans and schedules in supporting Manufacturing processes.
· Report project status to senior manager on a monthly basis, as required.
· Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the manufacturing product lifecycle. Obtains approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established product costs and schedule objectives.
· Development and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
· Coordinates and implements new engineering principles and concepts and validates production readiness.
· Implements manufacturing plans.
· Analyzes design/build concepts, to evaluate engineering drawings are in a production design state.
· Investigates alternative solutions to meet production requirements.
· Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Create a base line for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
· Assists in providing input to the program team to ensure that production activities and delivery requirements are included in our manufacturing processes.
· Calculates the effects of tolerances, locating methods and assembly sequences. Reviews and confirms that process capabilities match variation analysis requirements.
· Evaluates manufacturing data and analyzes change proposals for variation impacts. Coordinates requirements with internal team members and departments.
· Must have a BS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years of product manufacturing experience
· Must have SolidWorks experience and ability to access drawings, reading drawings, understating BOMs & maintaining product configuration.
· Be a liaison between engineering and operations, by checking customer configuration to internal product configuration and making any changes necessary before production starts manufacturing.
· Must have experience or working knowledge of engineering design, maintenance, mechanical design, CAD, machine shop practices, and manufacturing products
· Six Sigma Certification is desired from the candidate, but not required.
· Must have problem solving skills
· Familiar with CRM systems and practices
· Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
· Excellent communication skills and ability to provide training to employees.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
Mechanical Engineering top skills & proficiencies:
· People oriented and Listening Skills
· Resolving Conflict
· Multitasking and Organizational Skills
· Positive Attitude
· Attention to Detail
· Problem Solving
· Ability to Work Under Pressure
· Computer Skills