- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements as well as managing inventory availability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan production tasks and schedules according to customer orders.
- Work with management in coordinating and planning production activities to improve runtime.
- Analyze back orders, current orders and upcoming orders to prioritize, plan and schedule the production operations.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Plan inventory management processes to avoid shortages and excesses of materials.
- Monitors project’s progress to ensure it’s following the schedule.
- Perform work order release, completion and closure in SAGE.
- Generate purchase requisitions for material and/or consumables as needed.
- Run material shortage reports of variances or discrepancies.
- Assures BOMs are accurate and producible as well as engineering drawings.
- Work with and through the Purchasing Department to resolve scheduling constraints and material availability to support current and futures projects.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure appropriate routing, scheduling, and availability of raw materials or components.
- Perform manufacturing analysis, including parts and labor requirements for moderately complex instruments.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Strong knowledge of logistics processes for planning and production. Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment (Costpoint is a plus)
- Proficiency with MS Office products - PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to professionally and tactfully interact with all levels within the organization.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Understands inventory control methodology, including inventory, planning and forecasting processes.
- A complete understanding of how a Bill of Materials is developed and managed through the product life cycle, including identifying make and buy parts, and revision control of parts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is desired but not required.
Antenna Research Associates, Inc. and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National
Antenna Research Associates, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Positive employees to work with, Great Benefits
Antenna Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) has a 60-year history designing and manufacturing antennas and sub-systems to support C5ISR applications within the EW/SIGINT, Commercial and Military Communications, Satellite Communications and RADAR Markets; for Government Agencies (PEO offices) and Tier 1 Primes world-wide.
8880 Gorman RoadLaurel, MD