Responsible for initiating, installing, and maintaining the ISO-9001:2015 program. The site lead is also responsible for establishing and maintaining processes needed for the quality management system.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Acts as a contact with customers’ auditors and quality personnel and responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Conducts periodic external audits of suppliers and/or contractors to evaluate conformance to Quality, ISO Certification, and industry standards.
- Conducts periodic internal audits of departments to evaluate conformance to established procedures, and to evaluate the effectiveness of those procedures.
- Assists as necessary with the sales, design, manufacturing and other departments in the evaluation and correction of specific quality control problems and issues.
- Defines and monitors inspection and testing activities to assure that these follow the quality standards established by Quality manuals and ISO standards.
- Assures sufficient acceptable documentation is being recorded, maintained, distributed, and retained.
- Develop corrective actions to prevent errors or other deficiencies in the machining and manufacturing processes.
- Reports to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
- Ensures the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Interacts with management and staff for appropriate coordination, communication, and documentation related to quality.
- Observes tests and finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications.
- Inspects materials, products, and work in progress for conformance to specifications to include blueprints and schematics.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Associate Degree (two year college or technical school): Required
3 years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.