Mid Analyst/Tech Writer - IETMs - Webster Fld/Lexington Prk MD/Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mid Analyst/Technical Writer - IETMs - Webster Field/Pine Hill MD/Remote
In this position, you will work with systems experts, program planning personnel, and operational personnel to create and maintain performance solutions including computer-based training, game-based training, and interactive electronic technical manuals in support of NAWCAD Webster OutLying Field (WOLF) on the Airbourne Systems Integration (ASI) ePerformance Team at the joint government team site on Webster Field. Remote workers will be considered.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years’ experience, an associate’s degree in a relevant field with at least 7 years’ experience, or a high school diploma/general equivalency diploma (GED) with at least 9 years’ experience.
The ideal candidate is a lifelong learner of both self-explored and taught topics. Desired characteristics include inquisitiveness, attention to detail, , creativity, and receptiveness to new ideas. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and able to qualify for a security clearance. Active security clearance is a plus. Position may require non-local travel up to approximately 10% of the time.
- At least 4 years’ experience translating, or validating the translation of, engineering, COTS, and/or logistics source data (written and/or from subject matter experts) into documentation or work procedures for operator, trainer, or maintainer use.
- At least 3 years of experience writing DoD technical manuals
- OR at least 4 years of experience participating in the development of technical manuals as Systems/Process Experts, QA, or in the development of sources inputs
- OR at least 4 years of experience developing, editing or authoring documents using XML
- OR 6 years of experience using DoD technical manuals including at least 2 with DoD IETMs and demonstrated ability to write technical content for procedural actions, system operation and/or troubleshooting
- Experience and strong desire to participate in the full technical manual/IETM project lifecycle from concept to delivery and sustainment with demonstrated contributions in at least one phase. This includes requirements gathering, iteratively working with SMEs to translate source materials, refactoring existing IETM/TM content for IETM use, updating IETMs, and supporting new IETMs within a series of supported systems.
- Ability to implement project requirements based on existing documentation and through input collection interactions with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to harmonize inputs from disparate sources and de-conflict input under project lead guidance.
- Ability to translate goals into and/or to develop task instructions based on subject matter experts for systems and procedures including engineering and technician personnel, lab personnel, systems developers, maintainers, operators, and logisticians.
- Ability to apply style and authoring guides to written content.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with team members and customers at all levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work in a focused, dynamic, fast-paced team environment with accountable deadlines balancing work across multiple concurrent projects.
Additional Desired Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience with Navy or Marine Technical Manuals/IETMs
- 2+ years’ experience with translating COTS or non-ACAT GOTS documentation into DoD compliant technical manuals, work instructions, or process steps
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex, technical systems in simple, concise terms and support efficient acquisition of performance-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to document the evolving digital products by generating flowcharts, mockups, diagrams, charts, and redline-able drafts using best practices and tailored project templates throughout their life-cycle.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing advanced features of Microsoft Word including style development, complex table development, page layout settings, and in-document links.
- Demonstrated ability to work with XML content authoring.
- Demonstrated ability to use DoD LSA or systems engineering source materials including, but not limited to: LSA procedures, S1000D and other AIA S-series content, SAE-GEIA-STD-0007 or equivalent LSA data system output, DODAF, RAM/RAMID Analysis, FMEA/FMECA, Engineering Drawings, and systems design documents
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and/or SharePoint participating in Agile Project Control and Content development.
- Ability to translate stated and implied needs into defined project requirements and content materials.
- Ability to create and reflect relevant organizational tone (Voice of the User, Community of Practice, Group) in generated content both uniquely and as part of a larger integrated work.
- Ability to track action items, plan and coordinate events, conduct programmatic data calls, and maintain documentation throughout a project.
- Actively support program meetings, conferences, and reviews including preparation of minutes.
We hire Veterans!
Antech Systems, Inc. (ASI) endorses the intent of all federal and state laws created to prohibit discrimination. ASI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, hairstyles, hair textures, or the presence of handicaps or disabilities in employment or the provision of services. ASI provides, upon request, reasonable accommodation including auxiliary aids and services necessary to afford individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity.
For our employees, we provide a professional playground for innovation, growth, and fun. We encourage employees to work hard and play hard, and promote the need for a good work/life balance. Our motto is "Family, Fun, Profit, and we take that seriously.
We seek people who are passionate about what they do, who are internally driven to succeed and grow, and who want to be a part of a team.
Antech Systems has been creating software and graphic design solutions that help companies and people work smarter for over 25 years. From learning solutions, data solutions, maintenance management, and marketing and visual communication, Antech strives to make its clients’ businesses better for tomorrow by improving how they do things today. Antech’s recipe for success is getting the right people into the right positions and enabling the talents of those people to shape and drive the company. This is an opportunity to fill a growing role within our organization and make a large impact. If you want to work at one of the Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads, then you've come to the right place. Antech won 1st place for mid-sized companies in our area. For our employees, we provide a professional playground for innovation, growth, and fun. We encourage employees to work hard and play hard, and promote the need for a good work/life balance. Our motto is "Family, Fun, Profit, and we take that seriously. We seek people who are passionate about what they do, who are internally driven to succeed and grow, and who want to be a part of a team.
AddressLexington Park, MD