Antech Diagnostics, the largest exclusively commercial veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the nation, is in search of a Part-Time Data Entry Clerk working out of our Fountain Valley laboratory and reporting directly to the Specimen Processing Supervisor.
As part of the VCA Family, which operates the largest network of freestanding, full-service animal hospitals in the nation, Antech Diagnostics delivers state of the art testing and consulting services to practicing veterinarians. Our diagnostic spectrum of tests in the areas of chemistry, pathology, endocrinology, serology, hematology, and microbiology enhance veterinarians' ability to detect, diagnose, evaluate and prevent disease and other conditions affecting animals.
The Data Entry Clerk enters patient, client and test information into the Laboratory Information System and scan test requisition forms into electronic database. May be cross-trained to receive and prepare samples for laboratory analyses and test.
- Entry of information from test requisition forms.
- Verify and reconcile information on test requisition with the sample information previously ordered entry.
- Properly route non-matching "problem" test requisitions to Supervisor or Lead.
- Scan test requisitions into database and sign off on completed test requisitions.
- Assists other lab personnel with specimen storage and ensuring Turn around Times (TAT's) are met.
- Ensures documents are completed according to established SOPs and reflect current manufacturing processes and label claims.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required 2, 3 or 4 year degree in Science-related field preferred.
- Typically 1+ Years of related experience.
- Laboratory skills and experience helpful.
- General science background, including hematology/chemistry helpful.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong data entry skills required (speed and accuracy).
We are a rapidly growing, stable company with excellent advancement opportunity. Medical, dental and vision benefits, plus 401(k) plan and employee pet health benefits available, too!
If you are passionate about animal healthcare, are motivated by making a difference we want to hear from you!