Antaya Technologies is part of Aptiv, a leading global technology company for automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Antaya Technologies is the industry leader for on-glass connections providing tailored solutions to its customers. We are currently looking for a full-time Production Manager to join our manufacturing team.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for the efficient and timely production of products. Manage production budget and cost reporting requirements. Responsible for people management and compliance.
· Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy,
· policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
· Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization.
· Responsible for plant production, financial performance, and maintaining the orderly and efficient
· operation of production activities.
· Assist with developing annual budgets and preparing a forecast for capital expenditure proposals as
· required. Monitor and manage the completion of production projects as required.
· Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line
· with customer specifications meeting quality and delivery expectations. Minimize costs where
· possible and ensure the required best work practices are maintained at all times.
· Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory
· requirements, staffing requirements, and work procedures considering budgetary limitations and
· time constraints.
· Review production orders and ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis and
· update the production plan daily. Prepare reports using production data and create presentations
· for management and other stakeholders.
· Approve expenditures as required for supplies, materials, or human resources ensuring that
· materials, labor, and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
· Set and monitor quality standards of products.
· Analyze production and quality control data to detect and correct problems.
· Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
· Review operations and confer with technical staff and others to resolve production or processing
· Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data
· Coordinate or recommend equipment maintenance, modification or procurement of new machines.
· Identify and deploy internal/external technical resources and systems to deliver projects.
· Maintain knowledge of quality control field relying on current literature, technological advances or
· statistical studies.
· Stay current on manufacturing processes, machinery, automation, and technological advances
· using current literature and other resources.
· Manage, coach, motivate and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and delivers best practice results and added value continuous improvements.
· Communicate KPIs to direct reports based on the strategic annual plan. Develop, set and monitor department objectives and KPIs for each production area.
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
· Review and assess ongoing performance of staff members. Provide continuous feedback and perform annual reviews of direct reports.
· Manage and lead the team ensuring adequate staffing levels, training and development, and addressing attendance and disciplinary issues to maximize efficient productivity.
· Provide technical expertise to the team.
· Consistently promote high standards and lead by example. Ensure that team members understand the values and behaviors expected of them.
· Ensure that employees follow standard operating procedures.
· Ensure that employees adhere to safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
· Institute employee suggestion and/or involvement programs.
· Ensure outside contractors/vendors follow company policies and procedures.
· Work as part of the management team to share ideas and improve operations. Recommend, support, and implement continuous and process improvement activities to optimize results and improve quality of delivery.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
· Stay current on changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
· Contribute to new business initiatives and projects. Review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Industrial Technology; or related field required.
· Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of production management and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have a strong understanding of manufacturing processes and quality control.
· Excellent leadership and management skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
· Superior customer service skills and ability to develop strong partnerships with internal and external customers.
· Must possess a strong work ethic with a high level of accountability and responsibility.
· Must be proficient with computers and demonstrated skills in office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Working knowledge of ERP systems required.
· SAP or Oracle experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
· Experience in automotive industry and understanding of IATF 16949 highly desired.
· Limited travel may be required.
Antaya Technologies offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, FSA, Aflac, EAP, tuition reimbursement program, 401K w/company match, paid holidays and vacation.
Only those qualified applicants who closely meet the qualifications for the position will be considered. The details of the position are only a summary and other duties may be assigned as necessary. To be considered please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please visit our website at http://www.antaya.com