Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Posted: over a month ago
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently seeking Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT) to support a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) facility located at 3725 Rivers Avenue, Suite 2, North Charleston, SC 29405. CPhTs support CMOP prescription fulfillment, ensuring Veteran beneficiaries receive accurate new and refill prescriptions in a timely manner. Full-time positions with competitive packages are available.
Ansible is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it were their own.
- Prepares and dispenses medications, and maintains related records for patients
- Prepares, packages, labels, and distributes medication doses prescribed by physicians.
- Maintains inventories of drugs and supplies, stocks shelves, rotates stock, and checks expiration dates of pharmaceuticals.
- Fills/stocks medications in various automated devices.
- Operates various types of pharmacy automation, including, but not limited to, Autofill devices; Baker Cells; Kalish cells, A-frames; repackaging equipment; and electronic scales.
- Reads computer screens, uses scanning equipment, and selects specific drugs/products required to fill an order by name, strength, and National Drug Code (NDC) number.
- Cleans cells and performs first level preventative maintenance which includes cleaning off lights, vacuuming, and making minor adjustments to equipment.
- Understands the precautions required when handling hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- Certified by the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); or have one year experience in a retail or hospital pharmacy setting; or be a graduate of an Academic Technician Training Educational Program.
- Able to understand and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Have basic typing and PC computer skills.
- Have a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Must read, understand, speak, and write English fluently under the authority of U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds when required; push or pull up to 150 pounds on a rolling cart or using a pallet jack; stand or sit for long periods of time (8-10 hours); and, stoop, reach upward and withstand various types of repetitive motion inherent in the various tasks to be performed.
All candidates must be able to:
- Sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above shoulders during the work shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist
- Lift up to 20 lbs
- Carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance
- Push/pull with 30 lbs of force
Powered by JazzHR
Ansible Government Solutions
AddressNorth Charleston, SC
HealthcareView all jobs at Ansible Government Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?