Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience designing, building, and testing complex industrial mechanical / chemical systems. The candidate will work directly with multi-disciplinary engineering and manufacturing teams and will be responsible for the full life cycle of systems from requirement gathering through commercialization. The candidate must be highly self-motivated and capable of leading projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
* BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering
* 8+ years of mechanical design experience including experience designing, building, and testing complex industrial mechanical / chemical systems. Will consider exceptional candidates with less than 8 years of highly relevant experience .
* Strong working knowledge, both practical and theoretical, of high-pressure gas and liquid systems, comprising cylinders, compressors, valves, manifolds, instrumentation, etc.
* Licensed Professional Engineer highly desired.
* Strong working knowledge of CAD design packages (SolidWorks or AutoCAD) preferred. Experience with PDM systems is a plus.
* Knowledge of process simulation (e.g., ChemCAD, ASPEN, etc.)
* Ability to maintain a safe work environment and guide others in a safe manner.
* Expert knowledge of mechanical codes and standards such as ASME B31.3, NFPA 55, NFPA 1, ANSI, API, etc. Knowledge of ASTM G93 and ASTM G94 a plus. Knowledge of building systems.
* Full Life Cycle Experience - must be able to present substantive examples of taking complex automated systems or products through all phases of requirement gathering, design, prototyping, development, manufacturing, installation, maintenance and lifecycle management.
* Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects at various levels of support and responsibility, including as the lead engineer.
* Must have a proven history of working with multidisciplinary teams.
* Strong problem-solving abilities, including root cause analysis.
* Knowledge of the Stage-Gate process and PM tools
* Experience leading, or participating in, hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle high-level multi-tasking.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Designs automated, high-pressure gas and liquid systems, comprising cylinders, compressors, valves, manifolds, instrumentation, etc.
* Works as part of multi-disciplinary teams to design, build, test, and document integrated industrial automation and control systems from conceptualization through commercialization.
* Performs and documents calculations supporting system designs.
* Interacts on a frequent basis with fabricators / technicians.
* Prepares P&IDs, detailed drawings, and bills of material that meet project and code requirements.
* Design prototypes, test stands, and / or pilot plants as needed to facilitate Stage-Gate process.
* Ensures system and product quality by designing testing methods and apparatus; testing finished product and system capabilities; and optimizing fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
* Prepares project status and directs the work of others in areas related to Mechanical Engineering.
* Deliver systems on time and on budget.
* Develops and documents test procedures and system user and technical manuals.
* Conducts system functional tests, and trouble-shoot equipment as required.
* Provides technical assistance to manufacturing during system integration.
* Assists with project planning, management, and scheduling.
* Must be able to travel up to 25 percent annually, and up to 50 percent for short durations.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Team player able to work well both independently and with others in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
* Self-starter who consistently demonstrates accountability and dedication to all team members.
* Strong work ethic with a desire to get things done, and a willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines.
* Detail oriented.
* BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering.
Anotech Energy offers Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance along with 401k, short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, client fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Client is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their
race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express
their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by
living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in
a changing world.
Anotech EnergyWhy Work Here?
Close to home, growing energy company, amazing benefits!
Stable energy company of 10 years Mid-size company with 3,000 employees International offices- California, Texas, China and Spain Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental & 401K Plan Retirement Match $1,500 Uncapped Referral Bonus Free lunch provided daily On-site gym Certification and employee growth/training provided Mental Health Awareness and Wellness Weeks provided to all employees Amazing Company Culture and Ethics
180 B Sandbank RoadCheshire, CT