Production Operations Manager
Anotech Energy Stratford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Operations / HSSE Manager
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager
The basic function of the Operations / HSSE Manager is to manage the HSSE program and all aspects of the operation within the Stratford Site. The functionality includes but is not limited to, managing HSSE of the site, managing daily operations through the production supervisor, managing Quality Control department, scheduling of production and working closely with other departments to ensure achievement of all site objectives within designated time frame. Also, this position is accountable for HSSE compliance of the facility and the Quality Management System for the site. This individual will serve as backup in absence of Plant Manager for the facility. The Operations / HSSE Manager leads the Production Department by giving direction, monitoring performance, and visibly supporting culture of change and continuous improvement.
• Execute responsibilities for Stratford site when Manager is unavailable.
• Manager to Production Supervisor, Lab Chemist, and functionally, Process Specialist.
• Assures the site is operating safely, producing Quality product, and supplying Customers with on-time shipments
• Serves as site Technical Manager and Quality Manager
• Generate weekly reports and monthly reports, as required
• Production capability of 5 MM lbs.
• Ensure site compliance with all HSSE programs, Corporate, Local, and Federal guidelines. Lead for facility MAESTRO program.
• Ensures Conduct of Operations activities are in accordance with established methods and procedures that meet the pertinent requirements of HSSE programs, OSHA 29CFR1910.119 Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals, EPA Risk management Planning and DHS Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard.
• Ensures all Operations activities are performed in accordance with Environmental Policies and Procedures, including the applicable elements of CMA’s Responsible Care Program. Ensures all safety, environmental, quality procedures are followed. Ensure use of PPE, work permits, etc. Ensures safety meetings are conducted and respond to issues raised. Ensures PGIs & housekeeping inspections are performed as required by production team.
• Ensure site compliance with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• Manages the Quality Control Department and serves a liaison between facility and R&D department to resolve issues.
• Responsible for the Configuration and Maintenance of the Labware LIMS Database for Products
• Assist establishing the Operations Budget and monitors and approves expenditures as defined in corporate procedure • Assists with establishing performance goals and objectives for the Plant. Performs goal & metric updates, monthly.
• Maintains a motivated and trained work force that can meet the Company and site commitments
• Participates in Production plans developed to meet business needs. Generates the production orders and monitors the progress.
• Troubleshoots manufacturing issues. Assist in prioritizing the Process Specialist workload.
• Interacts with Office/Logistics Manager to ensure all raw materials & supplies are available as needed. Ensures timely loading shipments. Performs end-of-the-month raw material/packaging reconciliations with the assistance of the Office/Logistic Mgr.
• Creates, develops and reviews Operations procedures through the TMS system.
• Develops, reviews Subordinates objectives, monitors progress and performs annual performance reviews. Assists the Production Supervisor with his/her subordinates. Leads counseling effort and ensures appropriate training is provided in accordance.
• Participates in HAZOPS and PSSRS for new equipment and process areas. Assists Process Specialist on MOC.
• Prepares Operation reports that define the performance of the Operations Department; Daily reports, Weekly reports, Track OAU, enters availability report, identify key areas for improvement, Provide main raw material supplier with weekly feedstock consumption forecasts.
• Provides Plant Manager with current status and effectiveness of the Operations initiatives on a routine basis, assessing program status and recommending solutions to identified problems. Communicate any safety, environmental, production (below target) & quality issues promptly.
• Participates in incident investigation meetings. Ensure prompt reporting of incidents, develop & follow corrective actions until completed, track results. Participates in root cause analysis investigations.
• Provide troubleshooting support for the Foxboro Control System
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• Many startup and support functions are conducted in the manufacturing environment with chemical, physical, and electrical hazards.
• Work may require use of protective clothing and equipment.
• Work may be performed around hazardous substances.
• Scheduled hours may vary in shifts and length. Required to be on call 24/7.
• M.S./B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, preferred (will consider other technical degreed disciplines).
• Knowledge of OSHA/Responsible Care Process Safety Management.
• Working knowledge of industrial chemical processes, of MSOffice. Aspen and SAP experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of computer control systems (preferred-Foxboro). Experience; minimum 5 years industry experience preferred.
Anotech Energy provides multiple health plan options, one is free for the employee. We offer access to a 401k as well as paid short term/long term disability and life insurance.
Anotech EnergyWhy Work Here?
Well-known energy company with renowned reputation and a leader in futuristic energy sector
Project is in design stages. Looking for a project engineer with offshore experience to start in November. Contract is ongoing on as project is expected to go on for 2 years. Anotech Energy provides multiple health plan options, one is free for the employee. We offer access to a 401k as well as paid short term/long term disability and life insurance.
125 Ontario Street StratfordStratford, CT