The Project Controls Engineer will play a central role in supporting project design, optimization, value-decision making as well as reporting activities. Working with the Project Services Manager, the Project Controls Engineer will develop the project schedule, cost estimates, risk register, and maintain these tools throughout project development.
90% - Cost estimation and support to economic modeling
• Define, in collaboration with the technical leads, and utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce Base Cost estimate for the project, inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs;
• Identify, challenge and document cost estimate assumptions along with Project leads and technical leads;
• Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances, including allocated and unallocated cost contingencies;
• Manage reviews and assurance of cost estimates;
• Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs;
• Assess prospect scope and develop consistent, high level conceptual estimates for each concept under consideration. Cost Estimator will also develop expertise in probabilistic cost estimating and will be a subject matter resource within the global Technical team;
• Establish process to ensure Cost Estimates confidentiality and store files in a consistent, secure location, in collaboration with Document Controller.
5% - Coordination and optimization
• Support and coordinate peer reviews as applicable;
• Implement solutions that educate and encourage internal and external stakeholders to become more collaborative and contribute to the project value.
5% Other duties as assigned
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US or in Canada on US projects on a full-time basis;
• At least a bachelor’s degree in a Technical and Engineering discipline;
• 4+ years’ experience in a large infrastructure and cost estimating experience for early-phase large infrastructure projects (>$100 million USD);
• Experience in quantitative risk assessment a plus;
• High energy, self-motivated, collaborative individual;
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural context;
• A high degree of organizational skills as well as skills in written and oral communications.
Ability to travel at least 1x per month to a parent office for 3-5 days at a time. Additional travels to coordinate with technical teams or meet with suppliers as needed.
80% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 20% of the time is spent in offsite workshops or visiting other parent offices, or training.
Work Location: Montreal, Brooklyn, San Diego, Boston or Houston – visits to Brooklyn required
Due to COVID-19, work from home is the current policy for all full time and part time employees until further notice.
We provide global solutions for energy industries ; because we think the way we do it can change everything, we abide by the highest ethical standards. We promote a fair and honest relationship with our clients, our local partners and our consultants observing respect, integrity and reliability.
Why Work Here?Issued from the different sectors of the industry, our staff is passionate, experienced and aware of the ground realities. That’s why, we have naturally set the challenge to be a leader in sharing expertise between all the actors of our daily work. We provide global solutions for energy industries ; because we think the way we do it can change everything, we abide by the highest ethical standards. We promote a fair and honest relationship with our clients, our local partners and our consultants observing respect, integrity and reliability.
An established staffing company with a healthy culture looking to add indiviuduals that are looking to better their career.